Emed Covid test expiration date

PKB

For those of you who just received Emed covid tests - What is the expiration date on the box?  I have read that the expiration date can be extended by three months.  Need to save some for cruise in February, 2023.

6 minutes ago, PKB said:

For those of you who just received Emed covid tests - What is the expiration date on the box?  I have read that the expiration date can be extended by three months.  Need to save some for cruise in February, 2023.

You need to look at the website for your test.  Most tests had a 6 month expiry date for manufacture and were extended by 90 days.  Extended again?  Who knows?  

I use the free iMed tests and another proctoring service.  Recent tests I received were August so expire in November. 

What proctoring service do you use?  Just received eight free tests from government the end of June and the expiration date on the tests was August, 2022.  Extended to November, 2022.  

35 minutes ago, PKB said:

What proctoring service do you use?  Just received eight free tests from government the end of June and the expiration date on the tests was August, 2022.  Extended to November, 2022.  

Just google proctored covid test and you will find several options. Most will allow you to use any brand rapid antigen test. Make sure you do not open the package until instructed by the online proctor. Cost can vary but I saw one for $24 for each testing. You have to make an appointment.

I have googled and clicked on links ad nauseum.  Very few companies allow use of any test.  They want you to purchase their test, or designate a specific brand.  Had a very poor customer service experience with On-point testing just asking about two tests in a box and can second test be used for proctoring.  Did not get a warm fuzzy from them at all.

Edited by PKB

I tried the chat with On-Point and left a message for an email from them.  My concern was our government sent tests being expired, but ok with the extended 3 months.  Never heard back.  I feel the same.  I think we will pay to get tested here in town.  

9 hours ago, PKB said:

We received our eMed tests back in February and the expiration date on the package is 11/21/22.

I checked the eMed site today and it looks like that expiration date is extended by 6 months, so those will be good into 2023.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We received our eMed tests back in February and the expiration date on the package is 11/21/22.

I checked the eMed site today and it looks like that expiration date is extended by 6 months, so those will be good into 2023.

Can you post the link to the site that has the expiration date. I've looked several times and can't find anything besides the link to the letter.  Thanks

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU