Mykonos question for 1st timer

craig01020

Good morning. I booked a Mykonos tour through Viator. The meeting point is listed as "right next to the Bus Station in Old Port".

How far is that from where tender boats arrive and what is the best way to get to the meeting point?

Thanks!

Without trying to sound a bit silly, why don't you ask the people you booked with?  At least map co-ordinates.  A reliable, responsible company would give better information, but then you booked with a third party.  Try google,.

38 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Without trying to sound a bit silly, why don't you ask the people you booked with?  At least map co-ordinates.  A reliable, responsible company would give better information, but then you booked with a third party.  Try google,.

Google? I never thought of that! 🤪

I'll file this under the "I don't know" category. Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

The bus station in the Old Port is right next to the pier where MOST tenders will drop you off.  A few points:

(1) The bus station is at about 37.4510N 25.3286E.

(2) There is another bus station is Mykonos town, the Fabrika bus station, about 1.5 km south.  Just FYI, as you don't get them confused if you read up about buses in Mykonos.

(3) Make sure that your ship tenders.  Some ships dock at the New Port pier instead of tendering.  Although there is a schedule which ship docks and which tenders, this occasionally gets changed.

(4) If you do tender, assure that you know which pier at the Old Port you tender to.  Some tenders actually drop off passengers at the pier from which boats go to Delos, at the southwestern part of the Old Port, 37.448N 25.3266E.  From that pier it is a mere 750 m, or about a 10 minute walk to the bus station.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:59 AM, roomba920 said:

I think tenders drop you off at the new port. To get to the old port, you take a sea bus that frequently go between the two ports.

No, I don't think so.  I've never heard of that happening, and it would make no sense to do so, but suppose it is not impossible.

The tenders drop passengers off at the Old Port, either on the north side by the bus station, or the south side at the pier from which boats to Delos go from. 

9 hours ago, pdmlynek said:

No, I don't think so.  I've never heard of that happening, and it would make no sense to do so, but suppose it is not impossible.

The tenders drop passengers off at the Old Port, either on the north side by the bus station, or the south side at the pier from which boats to Delos go from. 

This is the correct information.

Also, should you actually dock in Mykonos, you will dock at the 'new port' and take the water taxi to the old port..

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 7:20 PM, pdmlynek said:

Well these are the instructions we were given by Delos Tours.