celebrity infinity

Greekgirl16

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

from a cruiser on board the Infinity "Things have drastically improved since the first weeks. I see improvements everyday".....

Glad to hear it.  Unless you are in each individual cabin it is hard to say if they are fixed.  The common areas were much better than our cabin.  They are trying hard for sure.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, musik07 said:

We were on the 2nd cruise and we felt that the AC was much better than we expected it based on the reviews we read before we left. My cabin (a balcony on deck 6) was cool and public areas were cool/comfortable. I will say that near areas where doors opened frequently it was hot but that is to be expected with the heat and high humidity! 

I was also on the July 2nd sailing, on deck 11-A1 cabin. My room was a meat locker. Even with the sun streaming in, the room was very comfortable. BTW- those cabins have a rectangular shaped shower with a door, not a shower curtain. 

• Like 3

On 7/11/2022 at 4:59 AM, gordylad said:

Here is another new video of a concierge stateroom. We have been on non revolutionised ships and revolutionised ships and when I look at this room there is still something nice about the old style [apart from the shower curtain]....

Can you tell me how many U.S. outlets are in this room?  We have 6144 concierge cabin in August.  Our suite in March only had two USB ports and one regular outlet in the bathroom that didn't work.  Thank you!

Edited by Terre

We sailed on July 9th. The AC in my moms room (Deck 7) went out and was "fixed" multiple times during the trip. Speaking with others it was a problem with an entire block of rooms on deck 7 (in spite of the front desk telling us they had no reports of issue). 

The good: The staff and  the entertainment were great. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed all of the ports and shore excursions we booked. My kids 7 & 8 really enjoyed the kids club. 

The Bad: The condition of the ship. I would say the public areas were OK, but the rooms left a lot to be desired. In addition to the the previously mentioned AC issues,  there were loose tiles in the bathroom that "squished" any time you went in, and I suspect led to the constant "damp" smell. At the pool while asking someone else sailing in our party if theirs did the same (it did) someone sitting across overheard chimed in that their room did too! The food in the main dining was also very slow and mediocre at best. Steaks were never cooked correctly and they were frequently out of drinks (diet coke and others I can't specifically remember) or out of the ingredients to make specialty drinks on the menu. 

I have to say that overall I was pretty disappointed. I understand NOW that the ship had been out of commission, but I did not know that when I booked in February. There was no asterisk on the booking or discount given at the time of booking stating our experience may not be what we expect because of it.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 1:10 PM, cruising sister said:

My" mid cruise "comments and end of cruise comments were the same.  AC was not fixed in my cabin.  I can not say if it is better on the second sailing as I am not on that sailing. .   I was on the sailing and I am confused why you call it it "mis-information".  The crew were very frustrated they could not fix the AC  on my sailing and hopefully it is resolved.  I gave a realistic account both good and bad of the first sailing in hopes that things would get better for those to come.  

Thank you for your honest reply The A/C is a big concern with that ship.It seems a lot of recent reviews on the Infinity are not good

16 hours ago, Vegasd4430 said:

What room were you in?  Was there a problem with both sides of the room on deck 7?

11 hours ago, cruising sister said:

We were in an Aft cabin on deck 6 during our June 25th cruise and had AC problems. I felt the Aft part of the ship had more issues than forward. It may not still be that way. Just my experience. 

7061 was the cabin with AC issues. We were also in 6064 and did not have AC issues. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...