Edge-Class Infinite Verandah or Solstice-Class in Aqua Class?

LMaxwell

Comparing some Edge class trips, with the controversial infinite verandah, versus pricing for Solstice-class ships but looking to upgrade to Aqua class.  Would like to get opinions and input from people who have done both. Is Aqua worth the additional expense over regular balcony on S class? Is Aqua on S class preferable to standard infinite verandah balcony on an Edge-class? We met people onboard the Equinox and of the handful we met that had been on both ships, they said they preferred S class to Edge. 

The differences you already hopefully know.  My DW and I do not care about extra Captain's Club points or Persian Garden access, however, we love Blu.  Both being small and personal and the food there meets our tastes.

What you did not say is what is the difference in cost?  Would I pay $100 a day per person to be in Aqua?  Yes, but not more and Aqua is sometimes priced almost the same.

As to the infinite veranda, personal taste.  We really prefer a regular old fashioned balcony but the IV was fine 

PS we would rather be on the smaller M class ships.  Aqua cabins there are a bit larger.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The differences you already hopefully know.  My DW and I do not care about extra Captain's Club points or Persian Garden access, however, we love Blu.  Both being small and personal and the food there meets our tastes.

What you did not say is what is the difference in cost?  Would I pay $100 a day per person to be in Aqua?  Yes, but not more and Aqua is sometimes priced almost the same.

As to the infinite veranda, personal taste.  We really prefer a regular old fashioned balcony but the IV was fine 

PS we would rather be on the smaller M class ships.  Aqua cabins there are a bit larger.

Not too much on the differences honestly. 

Are S-Class Aqua cabins larger or superior to standard Balcony cabins? 

S class Aqua cabins are the same size as Standard Veranda cabins.  We booked AQ for years primarily for Blu which we love, and we would do it again if suites were too expensive.    We booked AQ on the Edge for our first cruise on a E class and would not spend the extra $ again.  AQ cabins on the E class have the same IV, which is find but the 4 MDRs on the E Class are excellent, smaller than the MDR on S class so quieter.  So we didn't feel it was worth spending the extra $ for Blu.   

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

I only get Aqua if I can bid on it for $200-300 extra for a week. That’s because I like the spa and Blu. 

if you book it directly, I find it to be overpriced

Yeah kind of what I am thinking makes sense