Greece- quarantine no longer required (July 2022)

MNgardens

I just read a couple of news articles. There has been a change in policy. Travelers with COVID are no longer required to quarantine in their hotel rooms. They may also use all forms of public transportation. 

here is the article. https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/greece-announces-new-rules-for-tourists-infected-with-covid/
…The same notes that in line with the new protocols, travellers in Greece will be able to choose if they want to remain in self-isolation for the number of days that they have booked, meaning that those who do not want to will not be obliged.

Apart from the above-mentioned, it has been explained that tourists infected with COVID-19 will also be able to access ferries, planes, and other forms of transport. However, they must wear an FFP2 or a KN95 face mask the entire time.…

i am very surprised considering the rising numbers of the latest highly contagious variant. I wonder what implications will be for cruising. 

• 2 months later...

Departing Greece on Thursday, and have out test result sent to us by PDFs.

Does anyone know if that will suffice or whether we need to have them printed. I'd normally just print but that would be difficult from where we are in Athens.

On 9/13/2022 at 5:50 AM, milepig said:

Departing Greece on Thursday, and have out test result sent to us by PDFs.

Does anyone know if that will suffice or whether we need to have them printed. I'd normally just print but that would be difficult from where we are in Athens.

We were not asked for any documentation upon arrival in Athens.  That could be because we came into Europe via Brussels.

• Like 1