realistic onboard time for glory sailing

ballarinamom

1 hour ago, ballarinamom said:

We'll be right at Bourbon and canal and Cafe Beignet near by. The French Market is a bit too far to get there and back to the hotel for luggage. Plus TWO girls will want to be "camera ready" when they get on the ship LOL Making them go somewhere early to eat isnt going to happen. we're doing the 11:00pm cemetery tour and I'm sure some of Bourbon St after. It will be a late night/ early morning.  But I think my original plan of grabbing beignets and coffee will work if they can get on before 11:30 for real food. Otherwise the Hangry girls will come out! LOL

Cafe Beignet excellent choice.

Two young ladies needing to be camera ready, been there.

Enjoy

19 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

In the big scheme of things Carnival provides staggered arrival and boarding times for order, process and civility reasons. Whatever time our boarding passes have that is the time we always arrive. 

We are all leaving the Port at the same time, they packed enough Guys Burgers for everyone and we will all arrive back at the Port at the same time.  

Slow Down and Enjoy the Voyage!  

I get it. Its our 16th cruise. Just now we are dealing two girls who want to start working on their tans ASAP and its a whole other animal. Especially when they will be out late the night before, will want to sleep in but then look their best for pictures- its best to pick my battles. It was easier when they were younger and would just throw on a hat.....

We very much enjoy sailing out of NOLA.  We'll be doing it for the second time later this Fall.  We're big fans of the city and will enjoy 2 days there before embarking on Valor.

Funny, it's the only port we've ever walked to.  Straight down Poydras St. and then over.  The end is a bit tricky but now having done it before.......

56 minutes ago, jsglow said:

We very much enjoy sailing out of NOLA.  We'll be doing it for the second time later this Fall.  We're big fans of the city and will enjoy 2 days there before embarking on Valor.

Funny, it's the only port we've ever walked to.  Straight down Poydras St. and then over.  The end is a bit tricky but now having done it before.......

This is our second trip out of NOLA and its definitely one of our favorites! Adding on a few days before and an early brunch at the Court of Two Sisters after debarkation is the best way to start and finish a cruise!

8 hours ago, ballarinamom said:

I get it. Its our 16th cruise. Just now we are dealing two girls who want to start working on their tans ASAP and its a whole other animal. Especially when they will be out late the night before, will want to sleep in but then look their best for pictures- its best to pick my battles. It was easier when they were younger and would just throw on a hat.....

I am a "mean" Mom, and if it were up to me, I would tell them that if they don't get up in time to eat breakfast, they better pack some granola bars in their carryons, because that's all they will be getting until they are aboard ship.  It's their choice. 😃

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I am a "mean" Mom, and if it were up to me, I would tell them that if they don't get up in time to eat breakfast, they better pack some granola bars in their carryons, because that's all they will be getting until they are aboard ship.  It's their choice. 😃

LOL! I would usually do that too. But they will also be flying in internationally from study abroad finals. They havent seen each other in months and I anticipate all night chat fest. So with  Jet lag, time change, wanting to see NOLA...its the perfect storm and as I said, I pick my battles. We only have them for the week before they go back to college so we want peace...LOL

Edited by ballarinamom