How does it work?

Cruisedreamer1

Any wine on the By the Glass menu, or beer that is on the Bar menu is available during lunch or dinner. Any restaurant, but not bars. Beer will generally be in bottles. 

The only tap beer is at Waves bar, which is generally not included in this package, but you're not missing much with what the offer. Last time I was on it was Heineken and Newcastle. There are some that have mentioned that they were able to get beer from there during lunch. 

This was pre covid, maybe someone with more recent experience can chime in. 

You probably won’t recognize many of the wines, but fear not, if you can describe your preferences to the sommelier in the GDR you’ll home in on a new favorite pretty quickly.  I found both a very pleasing red and white.  And if you don’t like your choice not a big deal, just ask for something different.

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Any wine on the By the Glass menu, or beer that is on the Bar menu is available during lunch or dinner. Any restaurant, but not bars. Beer will generally be in bottles. 

The only tap beer is at Waves bar, which is generally not included in this package, but you're not missing much with what the offer. Last time I was on it was Heineken and Newcastle. There are some that have mentioned that they were able to get beer from there during lunch. 

This was pre covid, maybe someone with more recent experience can chime in. 

If you are eating lunch at Waves then they bring your wine or beer from the Waves bar.....

12 minutes ago, basor said:

If you are eating lunch at Waves then they bring your wine or beer from the Waves bar.....

But the Tap beer is not on the menu there is it? Have you ever ordered tap beer while at Waves Grill? I haven't but I don't care for the beers on tap. It would be great if someone wanted to and could get it. I do know that it's been reported that when they have a special local beer in Terrace those weren't available with the package. 

3 hours ago, janecambridge said:

You are also able to have sparkling wine at meal times. 

Must be on the “by the glass” menu which, except for the occasional “loss leader” is full of truly mediocre wines.

if you want to drink ( mand spirits are your preference), consider upgrading to “prestige package” of mostly unlimited booze (but the same “per glass” wine menu)  

for $20 pp/day over the O life booze option.

I got off Riviera last week and had the basic drink package.

After dinner in the GDR one night, I went to Barista’s which now operates as a bar in the evenings, and ordered a Frangelico. Partner ordered a Cognac.

I handed over my card and they didn’t charge me. They said it was included in my Basic drink package and that in the evenings Baristas was considered a dining venue. I didn’t argue, but thought it was a mistake.

I did the same thing again 2 nights later with the same result. Go figure.

I was charged in all the other bars but not Baristas. 
I think they said there was a one drink limit at Baristas included in the basic package but I’m not sure on that one. 
Changes the math on the basic drink package for me if that is sustained. We took our Frangelico/cognac outside and had them on the deck under the stars.

2 hours ago, Beagle5 said:

I got off Riviera last week and had the basic drink package.

After dinner in the GDR one night, I went to Barista’s which now operates as a bar in the evenings, and ordered a Frangelico. Partner ordered a Cognac.

I handed over my card and they didn’t charge me. They said it was included in my Basic drink package and that in the evenings Baristas was considered a dining venue. I didn’t argue, but thought it was a mistake.

I did the same thing again 2 nights later with the same result. Go figure.

I was charged in all the other bars but not Baristas. 
I think they said there was a one drink limit at Baristas included in the basic package but I’m not sure on that one. 
Changes the math on the basic drink package for me if that is sustained. We took our Frangelico/cognac outside and had them on the deck under the stars.

It was a “mistake” (perhaps intentional as a nice gesture - it happens). FWIW: I’ve had wine corkage fees occasionally waived.