Balcony Rooms just below the pool deck.....

Sooooo, when we booked our room in a balcony on the Getaway in Sept. and I didn't realize it was JUST Below the pool deck. Has anyone stayed in these room that can tell me how badly the noise is from above??  And I mean directly under the pool area...lol  I may have to change!!  Thanks in advance.

Donna

Edited by MrsFordMastertech

short answer: change.

longer answer: depends on the itinerary, the weather and the demographics of the guests. the biggest problem, IMO, is not the noise coming from guests, it's the noise coming from the band and the PA system during games and activities. and, of course, the early morning scraping of chairs.

now, based on the itinerary, the weather and the demographics of the guests (older guests tend to be quieter in my experience; younger guests and kids tend to be louder), none of this might be a problem at all.

• Like 3

I intentionally got just below pool deck for Alaska, because I wanted to be able to run to the observation lounge or pool deck right away to catch some wildlife or scenery.  But if everybody just hates that deck, maybe I should be asking for a lower cabin price.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MrsFordMastertech said:

Sooooo, when we booked our room in a balcony on the Getaway in Sept. and I didn't realize it was JUST Below the pool deck. Has anyone stayed in these room that can tell me how badly the noise is from above??  And I mean directly under the pool area...lol  I may have to change!!  Thanks in advance. Donna

Donna, We always book the top passenger deck. Always under the pool deck or buffet. And we don't mind at all. Will there be absolute dead silence... no... but that is true of any stateroom on a ship. We are hardly ever in the room during the day. And if we are, it is for a quick shower before dinner. Party away during the day as far as we are concerned. 

• Like 2

Depends on your tolerance for random noise, I guess.  We had an under-pool cabin once for a B2B.  We heard some early morning chair scraping, but it didn't bother me too much, as we were generally up & getting dressed for breakfast at that point.  I kind of liked the music filtering through, it added to the happy vacation vibe in my experience.  The Guy, on the other hand, was grumpy about it & told me never to book that deck again. 

On 7/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, trivimp said:

Depends on your tolerance for random noise, I guess.  We had an under-pool cabin once for a B2B.  We heard some early morning chair scraping, but it didn't bother me too much, as we were generally up & getting dressed for breakfast at that point.  I kind of liked the music filtering through, it added to the happy vacation vibe in my experience.  The Guy, on the other hand, was grumpy about it & told me never to book that deck again. 

LOL I'm like your guy!!  NOT a morning person at all and Hate being woken up abruptly!!  Scraping chairs would drive me insane!!  LOL  I changed rooms and now have a corner balcony on Deck 12 we're happy with the move!!  Thanks though!

D

Well I appreciate all of your feedback and as I'm  NOT a morning person at all and Hate being woken up abruptly!!  Scraping chairs would drive me insane!!  LOL  I changed rooms and we now have a corner balcony on Deck 12 we're very happy with the move!!  Thanks again for your feedback much appreciated!!

D

• Like 1

We were "upgraded" once on Celebrity at the last minute (unsolicited and unwanted) to a suite under the pool deck.  Frankly, we were astonished that anyone would pay more to listen to that racket.  I can't understand why cruise lines  routinely locate their suites directly under the pool deck.

• Like 3

My mantra:  Passengers above, passengers below, good to go.  I tend to avoid cabins with any public areas above and below me if possible.  But it also depends on the ship and itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 7:01 AM, yeahitscliche said:

I would love to join pub crawl and poker

On 7/22/2022 at 6:14 PM, Kanga777 said:

The pub crawl and poker sounds like a blast!  I'd be game for that!

On 7/26/2022 at 8:34 AM, EvilGrandpa said:

My wife and I are booked on this trip and we loved the Getaway when we were on it going to the Bahamas in April.   We've not been to Bermuda but it looks beautiful.   We're in a balcony spa cabin and are looking forward to using the spa facilities. 

The pub crawl/poker sounds like fun, we'd be up for that.  

Does anyone have any recent info on ship capacity?   In April it was perhaps 60% full and it was nice not having a huge crowd - except at the pool. 

So Glad there's interest with the Pub crawl/Poker run!!  Not sure about the capacity but my travel agent is going on the next cruise out of NYC, and is going to give me details when she returns I'll ask and get back to you!

D

On 7/18/2022 at 7:59 PM, OZ. said:

I would change cabins. Unless you are hard of hearing you will hear loungers being moved around, kids running, etc. I did it before and never again.

We once unknowingly booked a room right below the kid's club and took our afternoon naps mid-afternoon.  I think they were playing something like soccer up there.  Trampling back and forth, likely chasing some kind of a ball.  You know what?  The sound of kids having fun didn't bother either of us once bit!  As for the morning lounger scrape or two.  It's kind of like a crappy wake up call in a hotel (do they still do that?), except it reminds me immediately that I'm on a cruise ship and have a fantastic day ahead of me.  Put's a smile on my face!  😎

• Like 2