We’ve always sailed Princess but we are intrigued by Virgin!

gatorgirl1971

Agree--Carnival is the worst.  It is basically a frat party.  I've managed to avoid NCL.  Actually, the "bar tab" is one of the things I really like about VV.  The drinks are the same price or cheaper than other lines, and you don't pay the 18-20% that other lines add as "gratuity."  You buy a bar tab for $300 and you get an additional $50-125 depending on the current promotion.  Right now it is $100, so you're getting a 25% discount on the menu prices of drinks if you spend the entire tab.  You can share it with anyone you choose.  It works, whether you would normally drink 2 somethings per day or 10, and comes out cheaper than most unlimited packages.  And, best of all, there are no drunks running around trying to max out their beverage package.  If you haven't used up your tab, buy a round for your new best friends on the last night.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, kwokpot said:

That's good to know. I never bothered to inquire onboard. Besides the cost there a couple of design choices that bother me about this spa.  First is the absence of real locker rooms as opposed to unisex changing and shower rooms. The other is the substitution of heated marble slabs instead of individual heated tile loungers.

No gender-separated locker rooms?  What, what?!  Are you saying both men and women undress to nudity in front of each other, while they change from casual/street clothes into swimsuits/towels?  

I know VV wants to be "woke", but this is a US-based cruise ship, not Woodstock 1969!

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

3 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

No gender-separated locker rooms?  What, what?!  Are you saying both men and women undress to nudity in front of each other, while they change from casual/street clothes into swimsuits/towels?  

I know VV wants to be "woke", but this is a US-based cruise ship, not Woodstock 1969!

They have separate "cubicles" to change and shower.  There's nothing woke about having a private space to change?  The locker room part is literally a short hallway-type area with lockers for you to stow your clothes while you are at the spa.  Most people just come down in bathing suits already/go back up to the pool when they're done.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 7:27 PM, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

That's the vibe VV's advertising materials gave off; I didn't expect to feel comfortable there at all.

Advertising has always been about hype.

When's the last time you got a burger that looked just like the one in the commercial? 😛

We're a couple of old fluffy farts, and we can't wait to get on board the Scarlet Lady in 39 days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

There's nothing "woke" about the ship.  The "locker room" is basically a room with lockers.  There are private areas where people can change.  Most people just show up in their bathing suits, with or without clothes over them.  Afterwards they return to their cabins or to the pool deck,  If you want to change, get your clothes out of your locker, take them into a private dressing area, and change.  The only time you are there with a member of the opposite sex is if you both happen to be dealing with  lockers at the same time.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Having changing rooms and restrooms for all people & not designating them by binary genders is a reason my crew booked! It means everyone is comfortable and welcome. A changing room is a changing room, a toilet is a toilet. If you’re in there by yourself, I don’t think the walls care what kind of genitals you have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VVVacay said:

Having changing rooms and restrooms for all people & not designating them by binary genders is a reason my crew booked! It means everyone is comfortable and welcome. A changing room is a changing room, a toilet is a toilet. If you’re in there by yourself, I don’t think the walls care what kind of genitals you have.

It sounds they're one of those one-person changing rooms, like one-person restrooms.  The earlier post made it seem like it's a large, communal changing room for both men and women, with no partitions to speak of.  Which makes Woodstock look like Disney World in comparison.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

It sounds they're one of those one-person changing rooms, like one-person restrooms.  The earlier post made it seem like it's a large, communal changing room for both men and women, with no partitions to speak of.  Which makes Woodstock look like Disney World in comparison.

The only medium sized, communal room is the one that holds the lockers; literally where you put your things in a "cubbie" and lock it.  The change rooms are made for one person at a time.  Or show up in your swimsuit and bypass the dressing room.

10 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Haha, nope!