Is the Haven at full capacity even if ship isn't?

fcccruiser

We are cruising in August in the Haven.  I've seen a lot of posts that ships are well below full capacity given COVID, but I am curious if the Haven is typically still running at full capacity in order to maximize revenue from upgrades.  I'd be appreciative of any recent experiences.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, fcccruiser said:

We are cruising in August in the Haven.  I've seen a lot of posts that ships are well below full capacity given COVID, but I am curious if the Haven is typically still running at full capacity in order to maximize revenue from upgrades.  I'd be appreciative of any recent experiences.

Thanks

Yes. They are filling the Haven with full fare or upgrade passengers. Our recent Encore cruise was at double occupancy capacity in steerage. 

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. They are filling the Haven with full fare or upgrade passengers. Our recent Encore cruise was at double occupancy capacity in steerage. 

The next few months are going to be almost guaranteed full haven occupancy on most NCL ships.  With the Escape having a month’s+ worth of sailings cancelled due to emergency dry dock, you’re going to have a lot of haven’t clientele looking for alternate sailings in addition to people taking the “making good” FCC given to them and bumping up to haven.  

(but in general, it’s usually pretty full anyway, it’s in their best interest to get those premium rooms filled even if it’s well below list price)

Everyone else pretty much answered the question, but in true Cruise Critic form, my voice must be heard too!

My April sailing on the Getaway had a full Haven. The entire ship was at 110% capacity - yipee spring break! The Haven Courtyard was virtually empty. We never had to wait for the restaurant, and the bar only a couple times had a line, so yes the Haven was full, but it sure didn't create any additional waits (unlike the rest of the ship). 

My August sailing on the Getaway has a sold out Haven, spa, and studio suites so I'm guessing it'll be a pretty full boat - it appears I can't select a balcony if I wanted to, but we're in a Haven Spa suite. I was just trying to see how many cabins are still available (I'm curious if we'll be at 100% again). My guess is yes, as it'll be the last summer hurrah for families from NY before school restarts in September.

• Like 1

Allow me to approach this question differently.  I was on the NCL Joy twice in six months.  Both times the Haven was sold out.  This was with upgrades, and bid upgrades.  

In both my cruises, the ship was not close to capacity.  This makes staying in the Haven nice but not critical.  The Haven was just that, a Haven to get away from the crowds.  Privacy, better food and drink.  Personalized service.  All that is true.  

The reason was because it was tough to cruise with a completely sold out ship.  The more people, the less the overall service was.  The harder it was to get into all restaurants.  None of this was the case on my two cruises.  On my second Joy Cruise, I was not in the Haven and did what I call, Haven lite.  

The Vibe Beach Club was by fare much nicer and less crowded then the Haven Sundeck.  Not even close.  My opinion only.  I never had an issue with specialty restaurants at all. Show were easy and I had a seat at the Cavern Club for all shows.  All because the ship itself was not sold out.  

That is my take on your question and I hope it helps you.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.  

Just got off the Jewel 6/27. Ship was sailing at 47% total, but Haven was fully booked. Even pre Covid Haven was usually full. It doesn’t matter booked or upgrade…full is full. Our service in the Haven was excellent, and it was really nice to wander the decks without bumping into people the whole time. 

• Thanks 1