Seabourn Sojourn in December 2022

wackypack1

My husband and I are looking for a nice cruise to take my mom on in December.  She cruises alot, but mostly on Holland America.  I found an 11 day cruise out of Miami/back into Miami at a really good price.   I can't believe the price is so inexpensive.  Is it because the cruise is in December?  Any insight into why the price would be so reasonable?  Of course, I'm doubting taking this particular cruise because it is so reasonable.  Funny how the mind works.  

Usually prices are lower right before the holidays.  We’ve sailed early and mid December and found that to be the case (even around Thanksgiving).  If you’re on in mid-December you get to see the ship getting decorated for the holidays.  

• Like 1

Just now, johng75370 said:

Usually prices are lower right before the holidays.  We’ve sailed early and mid December and found that to be the case (even around Thanksgiving).  If you’re on in mid-December you get to see the ship getting decorated for the holidays.  

I was posting at the same time as you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wackypack1 said:

Mr. Luxury, it's on Seabourn, the Sojourn.  Sorry if you missed it in the title of my post.  

Got you,my mistake.

There are some really keen prices at certain times of the year.

Yes, prices on cruises, as well as lots of other travel options, drop during the period between US Thanksgiving and Christmas.  A lot of people are preoccupied with holiday preparations and just don't travel then.

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't actually finish my post.

So pre-Covid we usually sailed the holiday cruise, most often on Sojourn.

In 2019 we had more time off from work so were able to take the 25 day cruise, combining the 11 day cruise and the 14 day holiday cruise. The 11 day cruise left Miami 10 December. I didn't notice that it was  different to any other SB cruise. As tv24 has posted, the cruises at that time are usually well priced due to less demand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tv24 said:

Yes, prices on cruises, as well as lots of other travel options, drop during the period between US Thanksgiving and Christmas.  A lot of people are preoccupied with holiday preparations and just don't travel then.

Normally true, but not last year.  I was on the Caribbean cruise on the Ovation last Dec (finishing just before the holiday cruise), and the pricing was much higher than similar ones in prior years.  (I only did it due to family obligations because I had expected better pricing for that voyage.)

Edited by sfvoyage

I was also on the Sojourn December 10, 2019 cruise from Miami. It was a nice cruise. Prices for December 2022 are higher than I recall from December 2019. Maybe I don’t know the best places to look for attractive December 2022 deals. 

2 hours ago, seatrial said:

I was also on the Sojourn December 10, 2019 cruise from Miami. It was a nice cruise.

We were there too, and it was another great voyage on Seabourn!  If I’m not mistaken it was originally supposed to stop in Cuba, but instead they had to replace with stops like Santo Domingo, DR.  

• Like 1