Are there any free areas in the Greenhouse Spa?

Regina08

Are there any free areas in the Greenhouse Spa? Is there anything you can use free of charge like the sauna? I thought I read that you can use the locker rooms and showers without having to purchase a service or Thermal Suite day. If there are, do you need to make a reservation or can you walk in and use the facility whenever it is open?

There is a free sauna.  I am not sure about the dressing room but I imagine they are free.  Depending on the ship the sauna has a shower and depending on your modesty it has a dressing area too.  Funny thing is when I use the sauna I am alone.  I tend to use it fairly early in the morning or immediately after dinner when everyone else it at the entertainment venues 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhsocal said:

Mary, is that dressing area inside locker room  or outside near sauna?

It is within the sauna.  The ice shower and shower and the dressing are simply a large open area all in the “sauna”

• Like 1

Well, not sure which ship you reference, but from my experience...the free sauna is not within the greenhouse spa. The free sauna, if it is still on your ship, is on a side corridor with a bathroom and not part of the spa at all as the spa is for people with the spa package or spa day purchase or treatments.  

Edited by tuolumne couple
  • Like 3

Regina08 - you need to tell us which ship you are on. All Holland America ships have free saunas (men only and women only) but the facilities are quite different depending on the ship.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Regina08 said:

I will be on the Noordam. Thank you for all the information.

got it. We have sailed the Noordam, and from what we recall, as on several ships of this class, the free sauna on the Noordam is off to the side of the entrance to the greenhouse spa, before the beauty shop. That space is free, and I hope you enjoy it. You can go from the pool to the sauna quite easily from that location. If you can possibly afford it, we do recommend the greenhouse spa. I am not sure how long your voyage it, but it is worth it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, tuolumne couple said:

got it. We have sailed the Noordam, and from what we recall, as on several ships of this class, the free sauna on the Noordam is off to the side of the entrance to the greenhouse spa, before the beauty shop. That space is free, and I hope you enjoy it. You can go from the pool to the sauna quite easily from that location. If you can possibly afford it, we do recommend the greenhouse spa. I am not sure how long your voyage it, but it is worth it in my opinion. 

Didn’t know this & we will be 4Star after our cruise in Oct/22. Is there one on Westerdam & if so, where is it?

4 hours ago, glutenhab said:

Didn’t know this & we will be 4Star after our cruise in Oct/22. Is there one on Westerdam & if so, where is it?

Same location. Walking forward on the port side from the lido pool, doors to both men's and women's free saunas are on your left before the spa check-in desk.