Bermuda Cruise Confusion!

Bill3rd

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! We are travelling Boston to Bermuda this month and received our Bermuda travel authorization which states we need a negative covid test within 4 days of travel. However, NCL also states that we need to follow standard sailsafe guidelines which call for a test within 2 days for ships departing for US ports. I online chatted with NCL and they told me Bermuda usurps the NCL policy, but the NCL online bermuda specific policy states that we should follow standard sail safe which is 2 days!! Can anyone who has recently taken this cruise or one out of NY please clarify? Thanks in advance!   

Edited by Bill3rd

We were just on a Bermuda cruise.  Take the test 2 days before.  I would suggest doing either a rapid antigen or a proctored at home rapid test.  Many PCR tests take several days to get the results.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Bill3rd said:

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! We are travelling Boston to Bermuda this month and received our Bermuda travel authorization which states we need a negative covid test within 4 days of travel. However, NCL also states that we need to follow standard sailsafe guidelines which call for a test within 2 days for ships departing for US ports. I online chatted with NCL and they told me Bermuda usurps the NCL policy, but the NCL online bermuda specific policy states that we should follow standard sail safe which is 2 days!! Can anyone who has recently taken this cruise or one out of NY please clarify? Thanks in advance!   

The rule is within four days of arrival on the Island, not within four days of travel. From Boston, you would test on Wednesday, embark on Friday, and arrive on Sunday.That meets Bermuda's four day rule, and also satisfies NCLs two day covid test for embarkation. The same test covers both entities requirements.

What would happen if we boarded in Seattle (tested 2 days before) sailed to Miam(20 day)i, stayed on board in Miami, (probably tested for B2B), then did not get to Bermuda until 6 days after Miami? Will NCL test us onboard for free? 

41 minutes ago, Level six said:

What would happen if we boarded in Seattle (tested 2 days before) sailed to Miam(20 day)i, stayed on board in Miami, (probably tested for B2B), then did not get to Bermuda until 6 days after Miami? Will NCL test us onboard for free? 

Yes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill3rd said:

Read and follow the NCL rules. If you follow something you “read on the internet”, you may find yourself waving bye to the ship as it sails away without you. 

This has always been the case. For example, if the country you’re visiting says that your passport has to be valid upon entry but NCL says it has to be valid for six months after the cruise, you again may be left behind if you have an expiring passport. Airlines do this exact same thing. 

Yes to 2 days in advance of sailing. In April we went to Bermuda (going again in August). There were several nervous nellies who took a test on the 4th day before the cruise for their Bermuda travel authorization, then took again on the 2nd day before the cruise for NCL. 

We just went with a PCR two days before, submitted the result to Bermuda and were fine. Didn't clog up the phone lines calling Bermuda either, though plenty of people did that as well. 

Don't stress - just get tested 2 days or less before your cruise (I'd recommend a rapid antigen, rather than the PCR), get the result and have your result and travel authorization when you arrive at the pier.  The process has changed since my great embarkation debacle of April 17th, so no need to upload the test to the travel authorization. 

• Like 1