Trying to make restaurant reservations and they keep disappearing from the cart?

It started a couple of days ago. We are on a 19 day cruise on the Jade in Nov. We are in a Club Balcony and understand we can start making reservations 125 days out. On day 124 we started the process and were able to book 6 dining reservations with no problem. Then all of the sudden, anytime we try to make a reservation and place it in the cart, it disappears every time we try to view the cart to subsequently pay for it. We’ve tried making reservations on both the website via each of our accounts as well as via each of our apps. But, no luck. As soon as we place a reservation in the cart, then try to view and pay for it, the cart zeros out. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

I had that problem when we tried to book the same restaurant twice (even if the first reservations were made days before).  Seems like an IT problem but it has been that way for a while.  I ended up having to call myself.

• Thanks 1

There is currently an issue where you can only make one reservation for any restaurant.

I’m guessing that you have a duplicated restaurant in your booking.

You can either call to do the bookings or just take out one of the duplicates and do that one onboard.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If we’re booked through a TA, will we have to have our TA call or is that something we can call NCL directly about?

If you have to call NCL and do things yourself, then what exactly is the TA doing to earn their money? (Rhetorical)

Call your TA. They are there to take care of you and make things easy for you. You shouldn't hesitate to call them for anything on your vacation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If we’re booked through a TA, will we have to have our TA call or is that something we can call NCL directly about?

I have always been able to book the restaurants directly with NCL and I always book through a TA. Also, I just purchased Vibe passes this week and also called NCL directly. They were happy to take my money LOL

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

There is currently an issue where you can only make one reservation for any restaurant.

I’m guessing that you have a duplicated restaurant in your booking.

You can either call to do the bookings or just take out one of the duplicates and do that one onboard.

That’s exactly the issue. We currently have 6 reservations at 6 different restaurants. However, we are on a 19 day cruise, so I guess we’ll be calling NCL, or better yet have our TA work the issue so we can get all 19 evening reservations booked. 

2 minutes ago, js said:

I have always been able to book the restaurants directly with NCL and I always book through a TA. Also, I just purchased Vibe passes this week and also called NCL directly. They were happy to take my money LOL

What are Vibe passes? We are new to NCL. 

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What are Vibe passes? We are new to NCL. 

From NCL Website (My two passes cost $460 total):

You use to have to run to guest services to get the pass but now you can call and purchase. My cruise isn't until July 2023 and I already purchased two passes. However, if you are in the Haven, I personally wouldnt purchase but that is decision only you can make. We always sail in the Haven and this is our first NCL cruise in a regular balcony so it was very important for me to have the passes. Between the Vibe and then booking specialty restaurants each evening, I think I will have a more enjoyable cruise.

From NCL Website:

Imagine not having to deal with chair hogs, wait too long for a drink or worry about kids in the hot tub. Vibe Beach Club, an adults-only sun deck on select Norwegian Cruise Line ships, offers a limited number of passes on each sailing, so it never feels crowded. Escape for the day or splurge on a weeklong pass for a taste of the highlife.

What It Is

The Vibe Beach Club on Norwegian Cruise Line is an exclusive space for adults 18 and over. Although the location varies by ship, each club manages to achieve a quiet, laid-back atmosphere and the feeling of being worlds away. Passengers who snag access are pampered with padded loungers, whirlpools and sweeping ocean views -- and stay refreshed with complimentary chilled towels, fruit skewers, water spritzers and a bar serving up a wide range of cocktails.

Breakaway-class ships' Vibe Beach Clubs also boast cozy cabanas, which can be rented by the day or for the duration of your cruise. Sea day and port day rentals each come with a $30 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe, while full-cruise rentals include a $100 credit. Cabanas come with a special food menu; food is not offered in Vibe otherwise. (Note: Only a handful of cabanas are available on each ship.) There are no cabanas on Norwegian Escape.

The area itself is both functional and stylish. Deck chairs, which are faux wicker and padded, come in a mix of standard lounge chairs, larger day beds with pillows and seating arrangements of chairs and coffee tables. Smaller cocktail tables are sprinkled throughout. Cabanas are essentially teak cocoons and include a large cushioned lounger with pillows, two built-in tables and privacy gates. While there's no pool, there is a large shower where passengers can go to cool off or rinse after a soak in the hot tub.

Unlike some adults-only spaces at sea, Norwegian's Vibe Beach Club caps the number of passengers allowed for crowd control. If the club is high on your wish list, we recommend purchasing passes as soon as you board the ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It started a couple of days ago. We are on a 19 day cruise on the Jade in Nov. We are in a Club Balcony and understand we can start making reservations 125 days out. On day 124 we started the process and were able to book 6 dining reservations with no problem. Then all of the sudden, anytime we try to make a reservation and place it in the cart, it disappears every time we try to view the cart to subsequently pay for it. We’ve tried making reservations on both the website via each of our accounts as well as via each of our apps. But, no luck. As soon as we place a reservation in the cart, then try to view and pay for it, the cart zeros out. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me.  I am on the same sailing.  I called and the NCL dining reservation rep could not do it either.  I then called my NCL rep and he had the same problem.  It would do the 1st 6 fine but at #7 it zeroed out or would charge the fees.  He said the system is not recognizing the Latitude perks for Platinum and above for some reason.

Genzi

21 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

He said the system is not recognizing the Latitude perks for Platinum and above for some reason.

Genzi

That is nonsense. The system never knows about latitudes perks at this point. Anyone can book meals without any packages or perks.

1 hour ago, js said:

From NCL Website (My two passes cost $460 total):

You use to have to run to guest services to get the pass but now you can call and purchase. My cruise isn't until July 2023 and I already purchased two passes. However, if you are in the Haven, I personally wouldnt purchase but that is decision only you can make. We always sail in the Haven and this is our first NCL cruise in a regular balcony so it was very important for me to have the passes. Between the Vibe and then booking specialty restaurants each evening, I think I will have a more enjoyable cruise.

From NCL Website:

Imagine not having to deal with chair hogs, wait too long for a drink or worry about kids in the hot tub. Vibe Beach Club, an adults-only sun deck on select Norwegian Cruise Line ships, offers a limited number of passes on each sailing, so it never feels crowded. Escape for the day or splurge on a weeklong pass for a taste of the highlife.

What It Is

The Vibe Beach Club on Norwegian Cruise Line is an exclusive space for adults 18 and over. Although the location varies by ship, each club manages to achieve a quiet, laid-back atmosphere and the feeling of being worlds away. Passengers who snag access are pampered with padded loungers, whirlpools and sweeping ocean views -- and stay refreshed with complimentary chilled towels, fruit skewers, water spritzers and a bar serving up a wide range of cocktails.

Breakaway-class ships' Vibe Beach Clubs also boast cozy cabanas, which can be rented by the day or for the duration of your cruise. Sea day and port day rentals each come with a $30 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe, while full-cruise rentals include a $100 credit. Cabanas come with a special food menu; food is not offered in Vibe otherwise. (Note: Only a handful of cabanas are available on each ship.) There are no cabanas on Norwegian Escape.

The area itself is both functional and stylish. Deck chairs, which are faux wicker and padded, come in a mix of standard lounge chairs, larger day beds with pillows and seating arrangements of chairs and coffee tables. Smaller cocktail tables are sprinkled throughout. Cabanas are essentially teak cocoons and include a large cushioned lounger with pillows, two built-in tables and privacy gates. While there's no pool, there is a large shower where passengers can go to cool off or rinse after a soak in the hot tub.

Unlike some adults-only spaces at sea, Norwegian's Vibe Beach Club caps the number of passengers allowed for crowd control. If the club is high on your wish list, we recommend purchasing passes as soon as you board the ship.

Thanks! It sounds a little like The Sanctuary on a Princess ship. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me.  I am on the same sailing.  I called and the NCL dining reservation rep could not do it either.  I then called my NCL rep and he had the same problem.  It would do the 1st 6 fine but at #7 it zeroed out or would charge the fees.  He said the system is not recognizing the Latitude perks for Platinum and above for some reason.

Genzi

31 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

That is nonsense. The system never knows about latitudes perks at this point. Anyone can book meals without any packages or perks.

We’ve only sailed on one 7 day NCL cruise, so we don’t really have any standing with NCL yet. My DW is writing our TA now, as we’re in the middle of the Med on a 21 day Princess Regal cruise. So it will be interesting to hear what luck, if any, our TA will have.

Thanks everyone for your insights as my DW was really getting stressed out over this as she has to eat early. So getting early reservation times is kind of a must for us. But just knowing this is an issue others have had to deal with and the ways you’ve been able to overcome them has really helped.😁

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

What if I log into my wife's account to make the second reservation?  I would try that if I wanted to eat at the same place twice (I don't).

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

What if I log into my wife's account to make the second reservation?  I would try that if I wanted to eat at the same place twice (I don't).

That doesn't work either. It seems that restaurant bookings are done by cabin these days, so all the reservations still show up even when I log in as my wife. I just tried logging into her account and adding a restaurant that we already have booked and it didn't work. Adding one we don't already have worked.

• 2 weeks later...