9 days till Enchantment please HELP!!! with ?'s

Hi everyone, I am leaving on Enchantment in 9 days and have a few last minute questions. I have been on 4 RCCL cruises all on Voyager Class and all for 7 days. This will be my 1st " smaller " ship and 4 night cruise and I need some answers.

I have only eating in specialty restraunts aboard Princess. We are wondering what specialty restraunts are on Enchantment, how much they are and if you can get a table for 2. Also how do reservations work? Is it any time or is it coordinated with the main and late seatings? Also if you go to a specialty restraunt on formal night do you have to be dressed formal to eat there as well. We love formal nights on 7 night cruises but feel like just being comfortable and easy going on this cruise.

The other questions are what should i expect being on this ship as opposed to a Voyager Class Ship. I assume this has a bigger centrum/atrium since theres no promenade? Also are the pools freshwater on this ship since the pool area was redone. Who is the Cruise Director to anyone who recently sailed on her and how was he/she? Thanks for all your help as usuall.

Hi everyone, I am leaving on Enchantment in 9 days and have a few last minute questions. I have been on 4 RCCL cruises all on Voyager Class and all for 7 days. This will be my 1st " smaller " ship and 4 night cruise and I need some answers.

I have only eating in specialty restraunts aboard Princess. We are wondering what specialty restraunts are on Enchantment, how much they are and if you can get a table for 2. Also how do reservations work? Is it any time or is it coordinated with the main and late seatings? Also if you go to a specialty restraunt on formal night do you have to be dressed formal to eat there as well. We love formal nights on 7 night cruises but feel like just being comfortable and easy going on this cruise.

Chops - $20 per person - go to the restaurant after you board and make your reservations there. You can do it on the phone, but it's just as easy to go in person. You can make a reservation for any time you like that they are open, subject only to other people's bookings. There are tables for two. The dress code is "Smart Casual", even on formal night - some people will be dressed formally, but some people will not.

The other questions are what should i expect being on this ship as opposed to a Voyager Class Ship. I assume this has a bigger centrum/atrium since theres no promenade? Also are the pools freshwater on this ship since the pool area was redone. Who is the Cruise Director to anyone who recently sailed on her and how was he/she? Thanks for all your help as usuall.
The Centrum feels large and airy, but nothing like a Voyager class Royal Promenade. Saltwater in the pools. I think that it's freshwater in the kiddy splash/spray area.

I LOVE THIS SHIP. You will, too, I predict. :)

The stretch has really opened up Enchantments pool are very nicely. I really like how they did this. It's also a great public space at night.

Enchantment is it's own unique class - not Voyager class, not Radiance class, not Vision class. Somewhere in between the best all of those categories.

What about portofinos? Is that a charge restaurant too? Resies needed?

Is it hard to get a reservation for Chops? Must (and may) you do it for more than one night when you first board?

There is no Portofinos on Enchantment.

We were on Enchantment last week and ate at Chops on night 3 (of the 5 day cruise). It was not hard to get a reservation. The restaurant was more than half empty the entire time we were there. Our dining companions ate at Chops the night after we did, and they also said the restaurant was over half empty. This was school vacation week, and there were a lot of kids on board. Since you must be 13 and older to eat at Chops, maybe this affected the lack of Chops diners on this cruise (?)

Archived