Carry-on restrictions for embarkation day wedding? (Carnival)

In our wedding paperwork, I noticed this paragraph and now I'm freaking out a little bit: "The bride and groom may carry on a garment bag in addition to a carry-on bag. Only one hand-carry-on bag will be permitted for sailing guests and must fit through the security machine. Luggage not to exceed 24”w x 16”h. All other bags must be checked with the Porters."

We both use CPAPs, I'm an ambulatory wheelchair user, and I'm bringing my own artificial flowers + a few accents for the reception tables because the all-white color scheme just isn't us (don't get me wrong, I understand if they tried to keep all the possible colors of everything on board, they'd need to tow a second ship.) On the plus side - I make a really good luggage cart!

We're arriving fully dressed for photo reasons - since we won't have garment bags, do you think  they'll let us on with two carry-ons, two CPAPs, and a box of supplies? If we have to pack everything into our carryons that's going to be tough since we're the only ones sailing....

We're having a lot of it shipped to my future MIL, who's driving to the port, so flying with it isn't an issue. Picture of my bouquet just because 🥰

il_794xN.2403034353_5z98.jpg.webp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. 

goid luck with your wedding day!!  Congrats!

we got married last Oct on odyssey of the seas. We were the first couple married on the new ship!

when we went on the ship we had tons of stuff and nothing was said. I had two carryons a box of wedding stuff and my wife had her wedding dressing and a box of her artificial flowers and a carryon. 

I think you should be ok. They kind of go out of their way for couples getting married on the ships!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Your bouquet is beautiful.

We were married on Princess back in May and we had no issues with anything.  I've seen people show up with several boxes of stuff and the biggest issue was how long it took to push it all through  the scanner.. 

I don't think any type of medical device is even 'counted' as a carryon item so I wouldn't worry about those, and i'd say the box they may just ask you to open for them to visually scan before putting it through the  x-ray. 

Congratulations and have a wonderful day!!!