Teppanyaki with shellfish allergies

joelheather

18 minutes ago, joelheather said:

Does anyone know how NCL handles this? On Carnival they prepared my wife’s complete dinner in the kitchen. So she did not have to worry about cross contamination. 

On the Bliss in January 2020 we managed to have a table to ourselves, we were 6 adults and both my adult Daughter & Son have shellfish allergies.  It took a lot of discussion before they would agree, and we had to talk to several people, the last being the assistant hotel manager, but in the end a wonderful evening was had by all.  The chef cooked and served everything else, and at the very end cooked the shrimp 🍤 for the 2 people in are party that eat them.  Also, they made us change our reservations to the first seating of the evening so that the grill was not contaminated.

• Like 1

I eat there at least once per cruise (love it!) and I've seen it done 2 ways:

It used to be shrimp cooked last after allergic person is served, but in the last few years it's been mostly allergic person's food cooked entirely in the kitchen (except on the Joy last march, the chef cooked all of the allergic persons food on the empty second grill behind him, and the rest of ours on the grill we were sitting at, it was quite a show!)

Just give them a heads up BEFORE you dine there.

You can always speak to Exec Chef.  Just get phone nbr or request to speak to him/her upon boarding and advise about allergy for entire cruise.

Done this many times. It will be added to your profile, so every restaurant will be aware. They are great.

Years ago (I'm allergic to shrimp)  they just prepared my meal in the kitchen-

I said that I was only slightly allergic and should be fine if they just don't give me shrimp, but they insisted on cooking it separate-worked out good since I got double rice -:)

• Like 1