insurance for cruises

Knickearth

19 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

This is the sort of thing we were trying to explain to you.  There are no doubt other terms and conditions, as we've tried to explain.

And it may "not matter" to *you*, but it might matter A LOT to someone else.  It would be a shame if they believed that what you posted were "ALL of the terms and conditions".  

I have zero doubt there are others.  They may not matter to you.

But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

And it's not clear if you understand the pre-existing condition issue.  How do they define it?

It may be, perhaps surprisingly, that your "condition" won't be excluded... depending upon how "pre-existing condition" is defined.  It's very different with travel insurance that with regular everyday usage, and different travel insurers tend to have somewhat different definitions.

I hope you are able to enjoy your trip!

But please do be careful always to "read the fine print".  It may matter; it may not.  But you won't know unless you read it all. (Or have someone you trust AND who knows your specific situation help you with it.)

GC

Anyone that would consider getting the card should look into it fully before getting it. That would be for ANY travel insurance. Really goes without saying it is up to the individual to read the fine print. 

20 hours ago, Babr said:

Why book in the first place if you know there is a related issue in the 90 days prior? You can cancel before final payment with a refundable deposit, but if you cancel after final payment because of pre-existing, then you have no coverage. That is the point.

60 not 90. You are getting confused with using the insurance and not using the insurance. I would have no reason to tell anyone if I cancel a cruise. No reason is required to cancel a cruise. Let's get real. No I would not book a cruise if I thought I would need to cancel it. I book a cruise many months or even a year before in order to get a good price and the cabin we want. I have no way of knowing if I would need to cancel. I am not telling anyone to get the Bank of America card. Just a suggestion to look into it. It might be perfect or not. Again, it is perfect for me and my wife, maybe not for someone else. I was able to get an email of the fine print and all the exclusions. All are very logical. I have no problem with any of them because most do not pertain to what I need this insurance for. Many cover auto rental, flying, purchases and alike.

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

60 not 90. You are getting confused with using the insurance and not using the insurance. I would have no reason to tell anyone if I cancel a cruise. No reason is required to cancel a cruise. Let's get real. No I would not book a cruise if I thought I would need to cancel it. I book a cruise many months or even a year before in order to get a good price and the cabin we want. I have no way of knowing if I would need to cancel. I am not telling anyone to get the Bank of America card. Just a suggestion to look into it. It might be perfect or not. Again, it is perfect for me and my wife, maybe not for someone else. I was able to get an email of the fine print and all the exclusions. All are very logical. I have no problem with any of them because most do not pertain to what I need this insurance for. Many cover auto rental, flying, purchases and alike.

Just one last attempt at clarification - We are talking about using the credit card travel benefits as protection against loss in case of cancellation during the penalty period.

Whether the look-back period is 60 days or 90 days as you first stated, it is tied to the booking date, not the travel date. Your medical history during that time must be clear of any events that could be associated with your reason for cancellation after final payment. I have already given examples of things that could be problematic. Be sure you understand the definition of pre-existing conditions.

If you file a claim, they will look examine your medical records. You must agree in order for them to process the claim. Failure to comply results in claim denied.

Now - that is settled. Be mindful of the look-back period before you book then you don’t have to worry. I’m glad you have a solution that works for you, and I hope you enjoy many more years of cruising.

2 hours ago, Babr said:

Just one last attempt at clarification - We are talking about using the credit card travel benefits as protection against loss in case of cancellation during the penalty period.

Whether the look-back period is 60 days or 90 days as you first stated, it is tied to the booking date, not the travel date. Your medical history during that time must be clear of any events that could be associated with your reason for cancellation after final payment. I have already given examples of things that could be problematic. Be sure you understand the definition of pre-existing conditions.

If you file a claim, they will look examine your medical records. You must agree in order for them to process the claim. Failure to comply results in claim denied.

Now - that is settled. Be mindful of the look-back period before you book then you don’t have to worry. I’m glad you have a solution that works for you, and I hope you enjoy many more years of cruising.

I really have no idea how to clarify this. I could care less about any restrictions at all using my travel insurance from the charge card. If I cannot go on the cruise I will simply cancel it. What do you not understand about this? I would have no need whatsoever to use the insurance. 

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I really have no idea how to clarify this. I could care less about any restrictions at all using my travel insurance from the charge card. If I cannot go on the cruise I will simply cancel it. What do you not understand about this? I would have no need whatsoever to use the insurance. 

What do you not understand about losing all your money if you cancel after final payment?

48 minutes ago, Babr said:

What do you not understand about losing all your money if you cancel after final payment?

What do you not understand that you are totally incorrect. I have cruising since 1994. For the past 11 years doing 4-6 a year. I think I know about cancelling a cruise. Because of the Covid19 you can cancel up to the day before your cruise. Attaching the Trip cancellation interruption exclusions. Common sense exclusions. I had to cancel 3 fully paid cruises 1 from last year. November 2021 and two from this year. January and April. When I found out I had cancer in order to get treatments. Never lost a penny.  Carnival, Princess and  Royal cruise.

trip cancellation.JPG

15 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

What do you not understand that you are totally incorrect. I have cruising since 1994. For the past 11 years doing 4-6 a year. I think I know about cancelling a cruise. Because of the Covid19 you can cancel up to the day before your cruise. Attaching the Trip cancellation interruption exclusions. Common sense exclusions. I had to cancel 3 fully paid cruises 1 from last year. November 2021 and two from this year. January and April. When I found out I had cancer in order to get treatments. Never lost a penny.  Carnival, Princess and  Royal cruise.

trip cancellation.JPG

Apparently you never had to cancel before COVID assistance plans were in effect.

Just now, Babr said:

You just can’t help some people.

If  you are referring to me you were not helping at all. I said over and over that the insurance was perfect for me. No need at all for you to give incorrect information on cancelling a cruise. read and get up to date before you give advise. I am done replying to this nonsense.

And when the COVID assistance plans expire, you’ll still have a pre-existing condition. Be sure you are aware of the cruise lines’ standard cancellation policies when that happens because #1 under “Benefit Does Not Apply” now refers to you.