Transfers to the airport and season change in Amsterdam

oakgrove girl

Hello everyone. I have been trying to find out about a transfer from the Rotterdam to the airport where do I buy my transfers can I do it online or do I have to do it with an agent on the phone. When does the season change from Summer to fall in Amsterdam or when do the children go back to school so the airport isn't so busy thank you

you can pre purchase your transfer when you log into your HAL account.

Select the cruise in 'My Bookings'  and then 'Shore Excursions'.  The transfers will be listed under Amsterdam and the date of disembarking.

The season change will make very little difference to Amsterdam Schiphol airport as it is a major international hub in a country that is a major business centre.

We just sailed RT from Amsterdam. We flew in the day before the cruise and stayed at a hotel right at the central train station. for 5 Euros each the train was a great option. from our hotel it cost us about 10 Euros to get to the ship. As far as leaving, we carried off our luggage, caught a cab to the airport (80 Euros) and joined the chaos that is AMS. The airport is always a zoo as it is a major hub. We waited 1.5 hours to drop our bags and then about 45-50 minutes to clear security. Passport control took 5 minutes and we were off to our gate. If you can, it might be a good idea to spend a day or so in Amsterdam after the cruise and enjoy the offerings of Amsterdam. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oakgrove girl said:

Hello everyone. I have been trying to find out about a transfer from the Rotterdam to the airport where do I buy my transfers can I do it online or do I have to do it with an agent on the phone. When does the season change from Summer to fall in Amsterdam or when do the children go back to school so the airport isn't so busy thank you

Assuming you fly on a weekend, be aware the airport will be busy anyway. Most schools start in September but there hardly be any difference.  Try to be at the airport at least 4 hours prior. In case you fly business class sometimes there is a separate line for that.