How are obstructed view rooms on Koningsdam?

zhuangcorp

I was offered a cabin upgrade from inside stateroom to obstructed view room on Beethoven deck of Koningsdam. 

Anybody with experiences of these rooms? How are they? Is the obstruction very bad? (any photos would be helpful)

I had a booking in two of those rooms on the Nieuw Statendam, that was cancelled by the pandemic. The obstruction totally varies depending on if the cabin is mid-way on tender OR lifeboat, with the tenders being taller and longer, or if it is sorta between two boats (where sometimes the pulleys and such are located). They may let you choose which cabin to upgrade to. Have the deckplan handy. 

What you will have is fresh air! to go outside and experience! without being on a public deck. But the amount the upgrade costs and the length of your cruise, and number of seadays vs portdays all factor in to whether it will be worth it to you.

Actually they assigned me room 4126 as a free upgrade. I'm not familiar with the halfacts website. 

But I believe this room is right in front of the tender boats. So I don't think its in between boats. Do you have to be tall to see over the boats?

Not that bad at all.  The top of the tender is about 6 inches higher the your veranda railing.  Sitting down, your view is sky only . Standing at the railing you have a great view  . Looking down you can see your fellow passengers walking on the promenade.

• Like 1

Koningsdam 4126 is an obstructed verandah. You can see the sky. I'll take it in a heartbeat over an inside.

The only reservation about 4126 is the service gallery in front of your room. It could be a noisy area serving the dining room on Deck 3. Map here...

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-ships/ms-koningsdam/2.html