If cruise departs at 3am on day 2, usually boarding time?

I am thinking of booking a cruise. And I am unfamiliar with a cruise that leaves at 3am on day 2 of my cruise. I looked up previous sailing and it seems they arrive at 3 am on1st day of my cruise. I'm guessing a 24hr turn around is because of customs BUT my actual question is......

What time would they normally board us for a 3am departure on day 2 ?????

If it is a 3 AM departure, it could be due to tides, ship traffic or a host of other reasons.  I would imagine that once embarked, the ship would have a reasonable time set that the gangway would be pulled, and the shore side staff, most of the longshore and other workers would have ended their shifts, leaving a security staff presence in-place.  I can't imagine that the ship wants already embarked passengers out in the town partying and returning to the ship at 2 AM.

4 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I have tried  to attach a screenshot of  itinerary but I'd need someone 50yrs younger to help me LOL

so info is .... Vancouver  may 2023 quantum of the seas

you embark on Monday, ship sails at 3:00a.m. Tuesday

2 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

you embark on Monday, ship sails at 3:00a.m. Tuesday

But what I'm confused  about is, would we be able to board at noon (as usual) or like 9pm (I've heard PR cruises do some times)

Based on my expereince on this ship/itenerary pre-Covid, you will embark in the afternoon with the "all aboard" and muster drill being required by about 4PM. Once you are on, they won't let you off since you actually go through US customs prior to getting on the ship (and thus you don't have to go through customs in Seattle when you get off). The late night departure is due to having to go under the bridge at low tide. Even at low tide, there isn't much space (something like 10 feet or so). I personally observed the Quantum coming into Vancouver a day early from their trans-Atlantic from Hawaii (again, due to tides and staffing at the port). They did not allow anyone off the ship until the following morning (likely due to Canadian customs). 

• Like 2