New Zealand cruise ports opening up?

On 7/16/2022 at 12:32 AM, MicCanberra said:

They would still come, Australia and the South Pacific is enough

Hello there, we are American - crashing your site, so sorry, hope that's ok!  But indeed, we are watching what NZ actually does regarding cruises, if the country opens to cruises July 31 as announced but then closes again, if there is uncertainty, etc - because for us, missing NZ is absolutely reason to cancel our cruise extravaganza on the Eclipse in the spring of 2023.  If NZ is not open, we will not come and I am sure we are not alone in this sentiment.  I myself have seen many parts of Australia and New Zealand, but my husband has not - and to come so far, and miss NZ, ouch, no, can't do that - far far too beautiful a country, so special and unique, such friendly and welcoming people - can't travel literally half way across the world and miss NZ.  

Like so many, we had our cruise travel plans cancelled in 2020 -  we were packed and ready to go, mid-March 2020, a B5B, Australia, NZ, South Pacific, Hawaii, trans-Pacific ending in Vancouver.  We now, in the spring of 2023 hope to be able to experience this once-in-a-lifetime experience - but NZ is a huge part of that, and we will definitely cancel if she closes it again.

12 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Hello there, we are American - crashing your site, so sorry, hope that's ok!  But indeed, we are watching what NZ actually does regarding cruises, if the country opens to cruises July 31 as announced but then closes again, if there is uncertainty, etc - because for us, missing NZ is absolutely reason to cancel our cruise extravaganza on the Eclipse in the spring of 2023.  If NZ is not open, we will not come and I am sure we are not alone in this sentiment.  I myself have seen many parts of Australia and New Zealand, but my husband has not - and to come so far, and miss NZ, ouch, no, can't do that - far far too beautiful a country, so special and unique, such friendly and welcoming people - can't travel literally half way across the world and miss NZ.  

Like so many, we had our cruise travel plans cancelled in 2020 -  we were packed and ready to go, mid-March 2020, a B5B, Australia, NZ, South Pacific, Hawaii, trans-Pacific ending in Vancouver.  We now, in the spring of 2023 hope to be able to experience this once-in-a-lifetime experience - but NZ is a huge part of that, and we will definitely cancel if she closes it again.

What a wonderfull cruise. Would love to do Sydney to Vancouver. We've done Hawaii to Sydney but keen to go the other way. I agree with your thinking. Not good that there is still no certainty. I have 🤞 for you. We're on the Eclipse in January, cruising local for now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Hello there, we are American - crashing your site, so sorry, hope that's ok! 

That is fine :), all are welcome here in this forum!

18 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Hello there, we are American - crashing your site, so sorry, hope that's ok! 

But indeed, we are watching what NZ actually does regarding cruises, if the country opens to cruises July 31 as announced but then closes again, if there is uncertainty, etc - because for us, missing NZ is absolutely reason to cancel our cruise extravaganza on the Eclipse in the spring of 2023.  If NZ is not open, we will not come and I am sure we are not alone in this sentiment.  I myself have seen many parts of Australia and New Zealand, but my husband has not - and to come so far, and miss NZ, ouch, no, can't do that - far far too beautiful a country, so special and unique, such friendly and welcoming people - can't travel literally half way across the world and miss NZ.  

Hello from New Zealand :), and hope you have a great cruise around New Zealand!

I cannot see any reasion why your cruise wont go ahead. New Zealand is fully open to to overseas  travels and will be open to cruise ships in 5 days time! 😁

I am cruising on the first cruise ship from the USA (Majestic Princess) to dock in Auckland, so I will be able to tell everyone if there are any requirements 🙂  .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2