Corner Aft Balcony - Freedom Class - Liberty of the Seas

I recently booked stateroom 1700 on the Liberty of the Seas because it looks considerably larger on the deck plan than other balconies in the same category. What I don't understand is that RCCL says the square footage is exactly the same (199 sq. ft. & 65 sq. ft.) as the other balcony rooms. When I asked during booking, RCCL reiterated that 1700 is the same size as 1702 next door.

I booked 1700 anyway, but can anyone clarify? Does anyone have any experience with this stateroom for a family of four? Thanks!!1889487816_ScreenShot2022-07-16at9_15_45AM.thumb.png.8eed5b4b63f56f96fbc914eca5310c48.png

You've booked a unicorn.  

I've stayed in a corner aft (not 7th floor, but similar), and they are wonderful.  The interior room is the same as any other balcony room -- adequate for 2 parents and 2 children, but cramped if you're talking about 4 adults.  Ours had a pull-out sofa, which wasn't the greatest, but the kids were still small, and it worked.  The space might be a little different (short/fat instead of long/narrow), but the interior space is roughly the same.

The balcony is the star.  It's easily 4Xs the size of a standard balcony, and we love-love-loved it.  

Negatives: 

- The pole in the middle of the room.  Not a significant problem.

- Being at the back-back of the ship, it's a long walk to ... everywhere. 

Positives: 

- Being at the back-back of the ship, it's quiet. 

- Unlike side balconies, a part of this balcony is always in the shade, so it's usable pretty much all day.  

- Plenty of space to store kids' things on the balcony. 

- Plenty of space to hang wet towels or swimsuits on the balcony.  

Here are a couple You Tubes of this room: 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

1700 is pretty much the size of a JS Cabin but you are just paying for a regular balcony.

If you want the largest balcony on the entire ship including the suites, then book the corner cabins on deck 7. The cabin itself is not as large as cabin #1700 though.

Either cabin you will be happy with, larger cabin go with deck 10, larger balcony go with deck 7 corner afts facing the wake.

• Like 1

Yeah, we in a corner aft on several cruises on Explorer and Freedom class.  The stripper pole is a bit of a danger at night on bathroom trips, but other than that we ignore it.  Even on the decks with smaller balconies, the balconies are huge compared to other balcony cabins.  We were in a similar room on the last cruise, Adventure, and we had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a table.  There is more superstructure to deal with, but we love those balconies and cabins.  

JC

• Like 2

You will love this cabin.      We try to book corner aft's whenever they are available.   Love love love🤩

Majority of the phone reps have no clue what they are selling.     I had one insist the balcony was the same size as other OVB's.      I suggested she view a video online showing the cabin and the balcony.    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You've booked a unicorn.  

I've stayed in a corner aft (not 7th floor, but similar), and they are wonderful.  The interior room is the same as any other balcony room -- adequate for 2 parents and 2 children, but cramped if you're talking about 4 adults.  Ours had a pull-out sofa, which wasn't the greatest, but the kids were still small, and it worked.  The space might be a little different (short/fat instead of long/narrow), but the interior space is roughly the same.

The balcony is the star.  It's easily 4Xs the size of a standard balcony, and we love-love-loved it.  

Negatives: 

- The pole in the middle of the room.  Not a significant problem.

- Being at the back-back of the ship, it's a long walk to ... everywhere. 

Positives: 

- Being at the back-back of the ship, it's quiet. 

- Unlike side balconies, a part of this balcony is always in the shade, so it's usable pretty much all day.  

- Plenty of space to store kids' things on the balcony. 

- Plenty of space to hang wet towels or swimsuits on the balcony.  

Here are a couple You Tubes of this room: 

Thank you so much for this information, super helpful!! I feel much better about the decision!

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

1700 is pretty much the size of a JS Cabin but you are just paying for a regular balcony.

If you want the largest balcony on the entire ship including the suites, then book the corner cabins on deck 7. The cabin itself is not as large as cabin #1700 though.

Either cabin you will be happy with, larger cabin go with deck 10, larger balcony go with deck 7 corner afts facing the wake.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, we in a corner aft on several cruises on Explorer and Freedom class.  The stripper pole is a bit of a danger at night on bathroom trips, but other than that we ignore it.  Even on the decks with smaller balconies, the balconies are huge compared to other balcony cabins.  We were in a similar room on the last cruise, Adventure, and we had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a table.  There is more superstructure to deal with, but we love those balconies and cabins.  

JC

Thank you!!

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You will love this cabin.      We try to book corner aft's whenever they are available.   Love love love🤩

Majority of the phone reps have no clue what they are selling.     I had one insist the balcony was the same size as other OVB's.      I suggested she view a video online showing the cabin and the balcony.    

Thank you!! I got off the phone so confused! 🤣

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the information! We recently sailed on the Oasis in a spacious balcony room and felt incredibly cramped with two adults and two kids. I hope this room will be just the right size, without the price tag of a JS!

• Like 1