Pride of America Room Recomendations

v3cruiser

Hello All.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a room for 3 adults. oceanview or balcony. Its hard to discern on deckplans. Family rooms don't seem to be larger but offer only fold down beds. Leaning towards balcony for that extra room if needed. Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Hello All.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a room for 3 adults. oceanview or balcony. Its hard to discern on deckplans. Family rooms don't seem to be larger but offer only fold down beds. Leaning towards balcony for that extra room if needed. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend the balcony for a couple reasons 1) the tiny bit of extra room 2) you have a good place to view the Na Pali coast on the last full day as you are leaving Kauai.

we have done three adults in a balcony room on three different NCL ships plus a child. It was tight but manageable assuming that everyone gets along.

I would say that the Hawaii cruise, while it was just my wife and I in the cabin, was the least amount we have ever been in a cabin on a cruise because the shore excursions tended to be all day event.

Whenever it is three adults in the cabin, one of the things that we would do is that one or two of us would get ready for dinner in the spa or fitness locker room.

Just got off the Pride on Saturday as a party of three adults.  We started in an inside room, and day #2 we were moved to a balcony room.  So last week I had three people and tried out two stateroom categories!  Both rooms have the exact same square footage, except the balcony adds extra space outside I guess.   Storage space is the exact same.  Your cost will be $1,000 extra to get the balcony, so only you know your budget for the trip.

Excursions in Hawaii are EXPENSIVE!   I would put the money towards that instead.  When you come home, which makes me more excited….the once in a lifetime excursion….or the balcony room?  The ports in Hawaii are not pretty, they are industrial, so think of trucks and storage containers.   You will be spending all day in ports, not hanging out in your room.  There are NO a sea days!  Even with a balcony, we viewed the Nepali coast from the outside deck, not our own balcony. Hope I helped.  If you need more advice, PM me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ocean view cabin was a waste. Lower decks which put you eye level with the pier or in view of some other random boat. Had to keep curtains closed the entire time in port. We then sailed at night and when I went it was dark by 6:30 so nothing to see. Should have kept my inside room instead of bidding (luckily was at minimum bid)

If $$ is free flowing, then by a means the balcony is the way to go. But I would agree with Blondie511 use the $$$ for something more productive. 

We had 3 in a balcony stateroom back in April. It is TIGHT. I had the “pleasure” of sleeping on the fold out bed. I DO NOT recommend it at all. It was as hard as a brick bat. Our cabin steward even laid down extra comforters to "soften" it up. A++++ to Juan for doing that, but it didn't offer much “softness” 

As Blondie511 said, you don't get any extra space other than the balcony. 

Just my 2cents on it....

On 7/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, Blondie511 said:

Both rooms have the exact same square footage, except the balcony adds extra space outside I guess.   Storage space is the exact same.  Your cost will be $1,000 extra to get the balcony, so only you know your budget for the trip.

Excursions in Hawaii are EXPENSIVE!   I would put the money towards that instead.  When you come home, which makes me more excited….the once in a lifetime excursion….or the balcony room?  The ports in Hawaii are not pretty, they are industrial, so think of trucks and storage containers.   You will be spending all day in ports, not hanging out in your room.  There are NO a sea days!  Even with a balcony, we viewed the Nepali coast from the outside deck, not our own balcony.

THIS. Thank you, Blondie for saving me from typing this exact thing!

Just booked another POA cruise - Deck 10 Inside for us!

• Like 1