Spin Classes

As I have banned the other half from taking his mountain bike on our two upcoming Regent cruises (yes he really does take it onboard, it has its own suitcase 😜) I was wondering about spin classes on the Navigator and the Explorer. Do they have them and anyone got any idea what time? I know there are static bikes in the fitness centre but we both prefer spinning.
many thanks in advance 😁

Techno:  

While aboard Navigator and Explorer for numerous segments over the past many-years (Explorer since 2017) and daily visits to their exercise facilities at various times during the day (primarily in the early morning), have not observed a "class" session led by an Instructor; or individuals spinning on their own. 

But, of course, I have not lived on these ships (Pity).  

Cannot recall seeing such a workout regimen promoted in "Passages" (daily publication distributed to each Suite); or referenced in a sign-up sheet in the facility.  

I am just-guessing from now on.  But, the floor layout on Explorer has a separate area where there are NO apparatuses.  Or, is it apparati?  That area is used for individual or group palates sessions. Group sessions led by an Instructor.  Might be possible to set-up there, if not in conflict with a scheduled class.  On Navigator?  Smaller venue.  Doubt that would work. 

Options:  side areas adjacent to exterior running track(s).  Weather and wind allowing, of course.

Suggestion:  This is a matter you can resolve before boarding.  Contact Regent directly.  Or, go through your Travel Agent.  Give specifics.  Get guidance. 

It has been our experience lo these many, many years while aboard all Regent ships (except Splendor.  That cruise segment was canceled on March 13, 2020 when we were at San Diego awaiting boarding.) 

--that a request to meet a specific need/concern--if reasonable, and asked in a reasonably way --will be met by:  "Of course!".  But, spouse and I are not spinners.  

Request you provide any response from Regent on this.   

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Punctuation.
  • Like 1

If I recall they had spin bikes on the Mariner.  Here are some photos of the Explorer gym, you will notice spin bikes in pc #20.  Not sure they have classes tho, guess you could hire a PT if there was one that was knowledgeable.  Peloton would be a great idea but with Regents wifi speed it may not work so well.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/seven-seas-explorer-998/fitness-center-298974/fitness-center--v13637369/

https://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_explorer/spa-fitness

• Like 2

Thank you for your responses RetiredandTravel and GOARMY. Will contact regent directly.

on our second Seabourn trip. (Prior to me having ANY interest in spinning he was using a spin bike in the ' class'  area of the gym and got soundly told off as they were for classes only 😂😂

There are most likely spin classes on Explorer. We were on Splendor in March and there were spin classes. I know because they put the bikes in the small empty area, usually at the time I wanted to practice martial arts there! Have not been on Navigator in years, so not sure there.

• Like 1

Well, there you are.  That is why Cruise Critic postings can be a real benefit.  Several sets of eyes on the same matter, over a number of years.  

I will be watchful upon boarding Mariner on 10/03 at L.A.  A quick trip to the Exercise Facility to count the spin bikes.  

GOARMY!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Well, there you are.  That is why Cruise Critic postings can be a real benefit.  Several sets of eyes on the same matter, over a number of years.  

I will be watchful upon boarding Mariner on 10/03 at L.A.  A quick trip to the Exercise Facility to count the spin bikes.  

GOARMY!

Maybe it is one of those things you go to ask about when you visit the different areas of the ship when you first get onboard. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Maybe it is one of those things you go to ask about when you visit the different areas of the ship when you first get onboard. 😁

I always recommend signing up for classes that you want as soon as you board. Especially on Navigator since the space is small so classes are limited.

• Like 1

I’ve been on Mariner, Explorer, and Navigator since the re-start and saw spin bikes on all of them. But no spin classes listed. On Explorer, the gym was not staffed at all other than basics done by the spa staff (the trainer had a hiccup with his visa), so there were no classes at all. On Mariner and Navigator, there was only one person staffing the gym, so classes were basic. As they build up staff I expect we’ll start to see more classes (and more variety of classes) scheduled.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I’ve been on Mariner, Explorer, and Navigator since the re-start and saw spin bikes on all of them. But no spin classes listed. 

If there are spin bikes then we can download some workout tunes and do our own thing. Never been keen on the 'normal' exercise bikes in the gym but do like a decent spin. Went to a class last night at our council run gym and had 2 ice packs attached to me as that room has no air con and they aren't allowed to use their big fans because of Covid ( and in case you haven't heard, the UK is having a heatwave - it seems to be the only thing on the TV at the moment but fab news if you are cruising British waters 😜)

13 hours ago, Techno123 said:

If there are spin bikes then we can download some workout tunes and do our own thing. Never been keen on the 'normal' exercise bikes in the gym but do like a decent spin. Went to a class last night at our council run gym and had 2 ice packs attached to me as that room has no air con and they aren't allowed to use their big fans because of Covid ( and in case you haven't heard, the UK is having a heatwave - it seems to be the only thing on the TV at the moment but fab news if you are cruising British waters 😜)

Yes our US media is absolutely obsessed with your heat, top stories in the NY Times all day, now they have maps showing where there is going to be high temperatures in the South of the US in July.   Todays record high in Raleigh NC was 101F recorded in 1902.

I'm very dedicated to working out (except on vacation) but attaching ice packs to stay cool may be over the top, just saying.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I'm very dedicated to working out (except on vacation) but attaching ice packs to stay cool may be over the top, just saying.

But speaking as a lady of a certain age with an over efficient heating system and a little too much insulation it did the trick though 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1