Breakaway Plus class (NCL Joy, etc) obstructed cabins

clojacks

I was told by my TA that cabin MA 13800 on the Joy, the first one on the long bump out on the starboard side, is obstructed, but I can't find any info anywhere confirming this? Does anyone else have any info one way or the other on this specific cabin or cabins in similar locations, i.e the first bump out cabin on other decks, and whether there is any obstruction looking forward?

The deck plans available on the NCL website confirm what your TA said:

image.jpeg.7555b2184c9851fd5375756d66916ccc.jpeg

As you can see, your cabin is annotated as "PrivaSea" indicating that there is some level of obstruction to the view...IOW, your will not be 100% the same as a "normal" cabin in this category. There is nothing, though, to tell you exactly what the level of obstruction is for any given cabin...it could be nothing more than the type of divider between your cabin and the one immediately forward.

15 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

The deck plans available on the NCL website confirm what your TA said:

image.jpeg.7555b2184c9851fd5375756d66916ccc.jpeg

As you can see, your cabin is annotated as "PrivaSea" indicating that there is some level of obstruction to the view...IOW, your will not be 100% the same as a "normal" cabin in this category. There is nothing, though, to tell you exactly what the level of obstruction is for any given cabin...it could be nothing more than the type of divider between your cabin and the one immediately forward.

As this is our first NCL cruise in about 10 years, I'm totally unfamiliar with the PrivaSea meaning. Time to do a little research I guess.

If you go to YouTube and search for "Norwegian Joy Club Balcony #13200" you will find a video of the same cabin that you booked except that it is on the Port side of the ship. The video doesn't show the balcony (the curtain is closed), but you should be able to ask any questions on the balcony in the comment section for the video.

• Thanks 1

I was on deck 14, at the aft end of a "bump out", last cabin before the angled balcony, 14252 for reference, I think it's the same as you're looking at but at the opposite end of that group of cabins.  I think my aft view would be like your forward view.  Here's a pic looking forward and another aft while standing on the balcony.  Nothing really obstructed about it.

image.thumb.jpeg.d15da227541b15ab98d684cc4940c505.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3df6b742b7c2c13733bb892ba1379f6a.jpeg

I always try to get the angled balcony as there is more room.  Technically one of the directions has a little bit less view than a normal balcony.  Example, if you had 13198 (from post #3), you could see forward better, but seeing toward the aft would be a little harder (because of the angle).  Straight out is the same view as a normal cabin.  To me it is worth it for the extra room.