Certificate of recovery instead of pre-cruise test?

This post is just idle rumination, being that I’m bored in isolation from my family at the moment. Funny how being by myself is nice and relaxing when *not* forced… 😕

Since I tested positive today, after our Anthem cruise, I started reading about testing on the Royal website, and found the option of a certificate of recovery instead of a pre-cruise test. With a weird typo / inconsistency for European sailings… it’s either 90 or 180 days. 
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

I wonder which time is correct for cruises departing from European ports, not that I would chance it. My next cruise is some 100 days out, so I might, maybe, be able to board without a test. But would not count on it. I just hope I won’t test positive that long after.

6 minutes ago, October17 said:

This post is just idle rumination, being that I’m bored in isolation from my family at the moment. Funny how being by myself is nice and relaxing when *not* forced… 😕

Since I tested positive today, after our Anthem cruise, I started reading about testing on the Royal website, and found the option of a certificate of recovery instead of a pre-cruise test. With a weird typo / inconsistency for European sailings… it’s either 90 or 180 days. 
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

I wonder which time is correct for cruises departing from European ports, not that I would chance it. My next cruise is some 100 days out, so I might, maybe, be able to board without a test. But would not count on it. I just hope I won’t test positive that long after.

Princess has a similar Document of Recovery with a time frame of three months (90 days).  I'd say the 180 day thing in Royal Caribbean is a typo/error and shohld not be depended upon for planning purposes.

• Like 1

The Royal website is contradicting itself, and as @d9704011 says, I suspect it is a typo, and 90 is correct. OTOH the EU certificate of recovery is valid 180 days… so who knows…

Quotes from the page I linked above (my emphasis):

If I’ve recently recovered from COVID-19, - - - Will I still have to take a COVID-19 test before or during my cruise? - - - For Cruises Departing from Europe & Israel - - - A Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 180 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. - - - Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise