Explora not doing it for this Yacht Club cruiser.

Nashna

47 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I'm sure we all enjoyed the same scene in "Blues Brothers" when Jake and Elroy visited a fine restaurant. They knew what they were doing and so does this bunch.

Shout-out to Pee Wee Herman.

Jake and Elwood were both in suits.

😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Jake and Elwood were both in suits.

And they were on a mission from god. Rules are out the window when you are on a mission from god. 

Side note: I must have watched Blues Brothers a dozen times. This is the first I ever noticed that’s Pee Wee Herman as a waiter. 

Edited by wcook

On 7/18/2022 at 2:57 AM, mafig said:

Yes, it worked for me.  I watched how a butler did it and then I just did what he did.  I understand the Seashore (that we're booked on for Oct.) has a different set up for the elevators.

I can confirm there is no express YC option on Seashore. MSC has either disabled it or has not implemented it on Seashore. There is a place to tap your band on the touchscreen but it does not work.

I have to admit to using the elevator override on Seaside a few times.

With the recent agro levels on CC boards, perhaps MSC can do their part by adding a new embarkation day excursion to New York sailings.

It would be a predawn trip to Weehawken, available only in groups of four.

LOYD.gif.26fa13890ca2f5214c7e6a6d71c7ae25.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, no1talks said:

It would be a predawn trip to Weehawken, available only in groups of four.

I used to live in Weehawken. Sadly, they have a strict “do dueling” policy. Anyone know if dueling is legal in international waters?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Actually my EXPERIENCE DOES suffer because it angers me that some people think that they are "too good" to follow the polite rules of ladies and gentlemen dressing like ladies and gentlemen.   I can't stand it when shorts-wearing folks try to intimidate the Maitre' D from enforcing the cruise line's request.   But then I guess it's ok to wear a ball cap at dinner too?  Maybe some flip flops to match? But maybe that's formal attire in Gainesville 🙂

maybe you should see a therapist for your anger issues.  sounds like you were picked last in kickball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

A cruise is not a camping trip. Dressing for dinner is a case of self-respect and respect for others.

It is really, really not.  I can dress in Lululemon and still respect myself and others.  Your position basically amounts to a demand that others conform to your subjective preferences.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 3:40 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

We prefer traveling in suite venues away from classless bumpkins, that wear shorts to the dining room.

"Classless bumpkins"?  LOL.  Plenty of well-educated, rich, urban elites wear shorts to dinner on vacation.  It seems like you are tautologically defining "classless bumpkin" as "someone who wears shorts to dinner" 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baelor said:

Plenty of well-educated, rich, urban elites wear shorts to dinner on vacation. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/yes-its-summer-but-you-still-cant-wear-those-shorts-in-these-restaurants/2016/07/21/57f5ceb2-37f3-11e6-a254-2b336e293a3c_story.html

IMG_1961.jpg.72326e63231be87b4d731b5d1642c660.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
additional info
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, baelor said:

"Classless bumpkins"?  LOL.  Plenty of well-educated, rich, urban elites wear shorts to dinner on vacation.  It seems like you are tautologically defining "classless bumpkin" as "someone who wears shorts to dinner" 

Seems like you’re saying that “well-educated, rich, urban elites” can’t be defined as classless bumpkins. 

There’s a whole different world between ‘schooled’ and ‘educated’.  

Edited by Beamafar

51 minutes ago, baelor said:

Plenty of well-educated, rich, urban elites wear shorts to dinner on vacation

"Actually it is quite rare". Daniel, the Michelin two-star restaurant from chef Daniel Boulud, requires “proper pants, no jeans, no flip-flops, no shorts,” says Guedouar. “The shorts and the flip-flops are quite rare. When it occurs, I cannot let the guest be like that. We do let them know — either to go back to the hotel, if it’s the case of being a tourist, and change. Or we just simply cannot honor the reservation if they don’t want to dress up. That is the most extreme situation.”

But one expects it is not so rare amongst the classless bumpkins.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, baelor said:

It is really, really not.  I can dress in Lululemon and still respect myself and others.  Your position basically amounts to a demand that others conform to your subjective preferences.

How sad. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Seems like you’re saying that “well-educated, rich, urban elites” can’t be defined as classless bumpkins. 

There’s a whole different world between ‘schooled’ and ‘educated’.  

Bumpkin:  "an unsophisticated or socially awkward person from the countryside."

So, no.  Urban elites cannot possibly be bumpkins by definition.

Edited by baelor
  • Like 1

Just now, baelor said:

Bumpking:  "an unsophisticated or socially awkward person from the countryside."

So, no.  Urban elites cannot possibly be bumpkins by definition.

So, only the “urban” part is in question. 🙄

5 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Actually it is quite rare". Daniel, the Michelin two-star restaurant from chef Daniel Boulud, requires “proper pants, no jeans, no flip-flops, no shorts,” says Guedouar. “The shorts and the flip-flops are quite rare. When it occurs, I cannot let the guest be like that. We do let them know — either to go back to the hotel, if it’s the case of being a tourist, and change. Or we just simply cannot honor the reservation if they don’t want to dress up. That is the most extreme situation.”

But one expects it is not so rare amongst the classless bumpkins.

Boulud is fantastic; I have been to his restaurants, and obviously Daniel in NYC is classic.  You are talking about a 2-star Michelin restaurant (his flagship).  I have eaten in some of his other establishments as well in athletic shorts, tennis shoes, and an athletic shirt.

If you want to make the claim that the MDR dining experience is equivalent to dining at Daniel, then you have clearly never dined at Daniel.

Just now, Beamafar said:

So, only the “urban” part is in question. 🙄

Actually, no.  

Sophisticated:  "having, revealing, or proceeding from a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture"

You can satisfy the definition above and still dress like garbage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Public room etiquette should extend to every area outside ones cabin.

IMG_1837.jpg.0b6c8dbc0a7f45e01ca0b1b5bfbe20dd.jpg

I am not talking about people following the rules.  Obviously they should do that, and dress codes should be enforced to the extent they exist.

I am only talking about those cases in which people are not actually violating express rules.