Vibe vs Thermal Spa on Escape during Greek Isles Cruise

gabbygal99

I booked Thermal Spa passes for our 10-night Greek Isles cruise on Escape coming up 3 August. When it came out that Vibe Beach Club was available for pre-booking, I grabbed those passes, before they could sell out.

We only have 2 sea days during this port heavy itinerary, so I highly doubt we need both passes. I will be canceling one of the reservations, but am looking for advice on which one to keep!

We have never done Vibe OR the thermal spa, so I don’t have anything to compare them to.

We are both very much into relaxing in the hot tub (they both have hot tubs), my husband like to have a drink in his hand frequently - I am fine drinking or not (only Vibe has a bar), I enjoy swimming, he doesn’t (only thermal spa has a pool). The weather isn’t much of an issue as it was in Alaska, so that doesn’t help with this decision! Do both limit the number of passes sold? Meaning, are we guaranteed a lounger whenever we enter either place?

Please help me know which place is best for us! Haha

24 minutes ago, gabbygal99 said:

I booked Thermal Spa passes for our 10-night Greek Isles cruise on Escape coming up 3 August. When it came out that Vibe Beach Club was available for pre-booking, I grabbed those passes, before they could sell out.

We only have 2 sea days during this port heavy itinerary, so I highly doubt we need both passes. I will be canceling one of the reservations, but am looking for advice on which one to keep!

We have never done Vibe OR the thermal spa, so I don’t have anything to compare them to.

We are both very much into relaxing in the hot tub (they both have hot tubs), my husband like to have a drink in his hand frequently - I am fine drinking or not (only Vibe has a bar), I enjoy swimming, he doesn’t (only thermal spa has a pool). The weather isn’t much of an issue as it was in Alaska, so that doesn’t help with this decision! Do both limit the number of passes sold? Meaning, are we guaranteed a lounger whenever we enter either place?

Please help me know which place is best for us! Haha

To be honest, on a Greek Isles cruise I would not get either.  There is just not enough time to enjoy them. I typically get the Thermal Suite pass but on my Greek cruise in November, I honestly would not have used it.  Our days from dawn to dusk were pretty much spent off the ship. I have never been in the Vibe (not a hot tub, lay in the sun person) but from what I have been told by others, there are plenty of loungers.  I was on the Escape in February in a Spa Balcony and the only 2 times I tried to use the Thermal Spa, there were chair hogs just like on the pool deck and the pool (which I have never really seen anyone swimming in) was packed.  I have never had that experience in any of the other Thermal Spas I have been in (which are Getaway, Bliss, Encore and Pearl). I think if it was an either/or I would keep the Vibe pass and try to get a day pass for the thermal spa.

• Thanks 1

Just now, debenson0723 said:

To be honest, on a Greek Isles cruise I would not get either.  There is just not enough time to enjoy them. I typically get the Thermal Suite pass but on my Greek cruise in November, I honestly would not have used it.  Our days from dawn to dusk were pretty much spent off the ship. I have never been in the Vibe (not a hot tub, lay in the sun person) but from what I have been told by others, there are plenty of loungers.  I was on the Escape in February in a Spa Balcony and the only 2 times I tried to use the Thermal Spa, there were chair hogs just like on the pool deck and the pool (which I have never really seen anyone swimming in) was packed.  I have never had that experience in any of the other Thermal Spas I have been in (which are Getaway, Bliss, Encore and Pearl). I think if it was an either/or I would keep the Vibe pass and try to get a day pass for the thermal spa.

Unfortunately the thermal spa can get busy and loungers can become occupied for long periods of time.  Vibe simply has a lot more loungers.  The pool in the thermal spa is not big, certainly not big enough for lap swimming.  

On 7/17/2022 at 5:31 PM, debenson0723 said:

I have never had that experience in any of the other Thermal Spas I have been in (which are Getaway, Bliss, Encore and Pearl).

I'm not discounting your experience, but we did have the chair hogs on the Getaway. I was stunned by how many (insert your favorite swear word here) people would get a towel, throw it on a ceramic lounger, then spend two hours in the hot tub/thero (I can't spell that word) pool. At the end, they'd grab their towel and leave, never actually having spent any time on the lounger.

On my cruise this August on Getaway if I notice chair hogs, I'll be throwing those towels on the floor (after the requisite ten minute wait) and taking advantage of said ceramic lounger. 

To answer the OP's question - I don't think you need the thermal spa when you're in the Greek Isles. It's going to be hot as hades! Use Vibe with the outdoor hot tub. Your husband isn't going to be swimming in the thermal spa pool - it's not that kind of pool...well, I mean, I guess he could swim small circles avoiding all the feet and legs floating in the tub. It's a fat person tub, not an active person tub. And yes, this fatty loves the pool! 

You should only drink water and tea in the thermal spa - I honestly didn't notice any boozy drinks and if they do allow them, it's a long walk to the nearest bar (no bar servers come through).

We always take the thermal spa. We enjoy coming back from an excursion and relaxing for a while in the spa specially if we have an inside cabin. Now, on a greek cruise i think i would consider the vibe pass more, for the sun, and views etc. I've never been in the Vibe so i am just making assumptions here. In my case if i were on greek island cruise i would probably spend it off the ship more and swimming in the Ocean. Hope you have a wonderful time.