Cinque Terre from Livorno Port? Suggestions welcome

Moxiefurball

We have been to Florence, so when our Princess ship stops at Livorno, I’m thinking of a tour to Cinque Terre.

has anyone taken a ships excursion ( Princess does have one to Cinque Terre) or was there a private tour  company you’d recommend .

Edited by Moxiefurball

• Moxiefurball changed the title to Cinque Terre from Livorno Port? Suggestions welcome

I took a Princess shore excursion from Livorno to Cinque Terre in 2014. It was a long but wonderful day. We drove from the ship to Manarola where we walked through the town and had some free time before getting a ferry to Vernazza. There we had free time to have lunch. We then got a ferry to Monterosso where we had more free time. From there we got a train to Levanto where we were picked up by the bus and returned to the ship. The towns are beautiful but it was very crowded with hoards of tourists. The ferry was great with wonderful views of the coast.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1

Normally I recommend public transportation for Europe but Livorno is not that close and involes a couple of steps already from ship to train station. Thus a ship's excursion might be better.

Yet, make sure it really visits the real five villages and not eg Portovenere.

• Like 1

I am planning a small group ship tour from Livorno for next year. It’s ten hours and goes to three of the five villages in a mini bus.  There is another tour that includes a 30 minute boat trip.  It all looks wonderful.  After the cruise I have a week based in Genoa and it seems like I can go back for a day trip by train if I wanted to.

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2022 at 4:21 AM, trinitygirl said:

I am planning a small group ship tour from Livorno for next year. It’s ten hours and goes to three of the five villages in a mini bus.  There is another tour that includes a 30 minute boat trip.  It all looks wonderful.  After the cruise I have a week based in Genoa and it seems like I can go back for a day trip by train if I wanted to.

Can you tell me what company you are using?