Where is the front door?

jimbo1683

2 minutes ago, busmech said:

Depends on port. I have used on the QV and QE the first stairway or second stairway below deck one, deck one or deck two stairway two or even deck 3 stairway two. 

So, i dont really understand what that means because i havent been on a cruise ship yet (ever). So on this deck plan at Southampton, when embarking, where will I enter the Queen Victoria?

Screenshot_20220718-224616_Drive.jpg

I’m embarrassed to say I don’t remember where we boarded QE.  But wherever your ‘door’ is, it will feed you into the lobby.  I suspect it will be on deck 3, Promenade.  When you debark in ports, it will be on deck 1 or lower…. But don’t worry about it, just follow the crowds.  EM

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

So, i dont really understand what that means because i havent been on a cruise ship yet (ever). So on this deck plan at Southampton, when embarking, where will I enter the Queen Victoria?

Screenshot_20220718-224616_Drive.jpg

Usually, the heavy double doors, midships lobby, deck 3 are opened to give easy entrance.  This will give a view of the atrium, one then passes the greeting guard of honour and access to the central set of lifts.  Unwritten code…. When waiting in an orderly queue for a lift, allow those guests with walking disabilities, carts and those with children to “go first”.

• Like 1

There are 4 lifts just forward of the Grand Lobby and forward of that on each deck is a passage that goes the full width of the ship. That is where you will board. Deck and side will depend on the port and tide.

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Usually, the heavy double doors, midships lobby, deck 3 are opened to give easy entrance.  This will give a view of the atrium, one then passes the greeting guard of honour and access to the central set of lifts.  Unwritten code…. When waiting in an orderly queue for a lift, allow those guests with walking disabilities, carts and those with children to “go first”.

I have zero desire to be in a lift with children😆

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

We have embarked the QE three times - once in Southampton and twice in Vancouver - and each time we have boarded from deck 3 through those double doors.