Should we avoid a cabin above Crooners???

Are you an early sleeper?   Depending on the group and volume level  you might hear some music.   Of course it does not go on all night but might be heard up to midnight.   It's not blairing but ...

Edited by waltd

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I know a lot of people talk about the larger balconies on these obstructed view cabins, and they can be great.

But, I am searching and can't find comments about noise from Crooners, below.

Does anyone know if this is a big issue, to be on that side of the ship, above Crooners?

You didn't name the ship, but we booked the side opposite - over the Shops - Majestic/Regal.

We had a cabin over Explorers once.  Until midnight the music was loud enough to prevent us from sleeping.  I would recommend if you are an early to bed person to not take a cabin over a venue where you know it will have loud music. If you plan to be around the ship until midnight, then do not worry about the noise.

After that experience we learned to check deck plans for what is above and below us before we select a cabin.

• Like 2

Thanks!  (and a shout out to the VOLS!)

I found this one post, finally....

"I can't remember right now exactly which cabin it was.  It did have an angled balcony and think it was deck 9.  What I absolutely can tell you was that it was on port side because every night we had trouble getting to sleep due to the bass from Crooners Bar below...it literally vibrated up and we could hear it through our pillows.  Strange, I know, but that was our experience.  The lights I was talking about are located under the railing on the promenade deck angled up."

So, unfortunately, I think that pretty much answers how the noise would be.

We were on the other side of the ship, in E405, and I too can complain and attest to those lights angled up towards your cabin/balcony.   I wish Princess would address this.  I do consider it an issue, and one that could be easily addressed.   I can't think of any important reason why those lights have to be that way.

That was my ONLY complaint about those extended balcony mid-ship cabins.

Otherwise they can be great!