Positive Covid Test

Jerseygich

Was hoping someone knows what happens when you test positive for Covid when taking the pre cruise test. I know you will not be allowed to cruise but to you get a refund or do you lose your money paid for the cruise? I have final payment coming up in a few weeks and do not have insurance.

I am trying to find out if I need the insurance in case one of us tests positive

Aug 1 NCL is stopping covid test prior to getting on board except in for US, Canada and a couple of Europe ports. That being said CDC announced yesterday it is not required any longer and is up to the cruise lines  as to whether they want to still require it. So waiting to what NCL does.

• Like 1

I tested positive for covid before my Alaska cruise last month.   I had done a proctored test and decided to also go to a walk in clinic to get another test. I tested positive there also and they provided a letter saying I had to quarantine and could not travel. I then submitted a case to NCL with copies of the positive test and the letter.   I had not purchased insurance through NCL so within a week from cancelling the cruise I received FCC for the full amount of the main booking along with a refund for any additional products we ordered such as tax, surcharges, excursions, wifi, etc.  The FCC must be used on a cruise that sails within one year.

• Thanks 2

Hi to OP,

Please consider getting insurance as you NEVER KNOW what can happen when on a cruise.  You could get ill and need to go to the medical center or worse yet need to be evacuated from the ship.  Something could happen while on shore and you could need medical care at one of their hospitals.  With no insurance you will be paying out of your own pocket and that could be extremely pricey.

Take care, happytotravel

• Like 1

I have an annual travel policy but I travel a lot  If you purchase insurance through the cruise line you will have to file a claim with the insurance company first before getting a refund from NCL. Since I didn't purchase insurance through NCL I was able to get my FCC and refund within a week of filing the case with NCL.