Lobster tail in the MDR?

DrSea

22 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm glad to hear that and considering that you are from SFB I would imagine that you would know good lobster.

I am probably not the best judge of lobster.  But, I can tell if it is bad or barely edible.  It has definitely improved since the restart.  
I do consider myself to be very up on my escargot.  that was probably the best I’ve ever had.  

25 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

A lobster roll, in one of our favorite Boston places, is currently $38!  That does not include sides, tip, tax.

We have a Maine lobster truck ( I know, I never thought I’d buy food from a food truck) that stops in different locations throughout our area that is quite good.  Pricey but really good lobster.  Not much lobster meat in the roll, though.  I think they are currently around $25 each.  

43 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I do consider myself to be very up on my escargot.  that was probably the best I’ve ever had.  

Pretty much all escargot served in restaurants (and cruise ships) comes out of large cans, fully cooked.  They place one piece of meat in each of the wells of the special serving dish, ladle in some butter, garlic and salt, and top with bread crumbs and parsley. Maybe add some Sherry.  Then bake to heat the contents of the dish.  It's pretty hard to mess up the preparation, and equally hard to elevate it when using the canned snails.  In the end, escargot is a "butter and garlic delivery system" and how can that be bad? 🤣   

• Haha 3

The best lobster roll I've ever had was at Red's Eats in Wiscasset, Maine.

Back in 2014 it was around 18 USD, which back then I thought was much money for a snack. Well.
Last year, the price there went up to 38 USD. This year, it's seems to be around 33 to 35 USD, depending on market price.

It's of course fresh Maine cold water lobster, right from the boat. No gimmicks. No mayonnaise, just lobster meat (a lot!), the bun, and butter sauce if you like. And that's it.

0087_IMG_2846.thumb.jpg.7deb7d36ed626022329145553588d0f7.jpg
One of the most famous places to eat a lobster roll in the US, even 9 years ago.
Waiting time can now easily be 1 hour in summer. They are in their 85th season this year.

0092_IMG_2854.thumb.jpg.c5bb936b87930d506a03b8e9b1c62103.jpg

So much lobster meat, you can barely se the bun ... 😄
And it still looks like this in 2023. 

• Like 4