Do Family Suites on Joy get an extra point?

Adian80

We are on the Joy in November and are staying in a Family Suite.  I know there's no butler and most of the other suite perks are not included with this suite, but will we still get the extra point for being in a "suite"? Thank you in advance!

I think this bears further discussion - my answer would be NO.

*Full-fare Suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include Club Balcony Suites

Reason only Full-Fare Suites whether in the Haven or other location.

The clue is the FULL benefits of the Butler and Concierge 

Club Balcony Suites - used to be call Mini-Suites and the suite term is confusing.

23 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

I think this bears further discussion - my answer would be NO.

*Full-fare Suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include Club Balcony Suites

Reason only Full-Fare Suites whether in the Haven or other location.

The clue is the FULL benefits of the Butler and Concierge 

Club Balcony Suites - used to be call Mini-Suites and the suite term is confusing.

I think what they mean by full fare is that we paid for the Family Suite and did NOT win a bid upgrade. This isn't a Club Balcony , but an inside 2 bedroom suite that is unique to Joy.

Again, yes.   We have a non-Haven Suite booked on an upcoming Joy cruise and will be receiving two points a night (plus two bonus points a night due to the promotion when we booked).

But definitely a "no" for the club balcony suites.   I believe the OP is in a non-Haven Family Suite which would be a "yes".

• Like 1

We booked (last minute - within  2 months of sailing) two (2) SP cabins on the Joy, got a good deal/price & caught the rare double points promo on top of it all, got 28 points in total for our 7 nights to Bermuda.  "SP" is (still, AFAIK) considered a "full" suite (definitely non-Haven) despite being stripped of nearly all perks - and like the "SC" non-Haven suite ... is entitled to AND get an extra point per night paying suite pricing.  However, if you successfully bid "upgrade" Advantage into them, no and you then do NOT get the extra points awarded.

Date Name/Description Reservation# Ship Stateroom Type Points
May 8, 2022 7-Day 7-Day Bermuda Round-Trip From New York 4876XXXX Norwegian Joy Suite 28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Again, yes.   We have a non-Haven Suite booked on an upcoming Joy cruise and will be receiving two points a night (plus two bonus points a night due to the promotion when we booked).

But definitely a "no" for the club balcony suites.   I believe the OP is in a non-Haven Family Suite which would be a "yes".

Yes, non-Haven Family Suite (SP.) Thank you confirming!

19 hours ago, mking8288 said:

We booked (last minute - within  2 months of sailing) two (2) SP cabins on the Joy, got a good deal/price & caught the rare double points promo on top of it all, got 28 points in total for our 7 nights to Bermuda.  "SP" is (still, AFAIK) considered a "full" suite (definitely non-Haven) despite being stripped of nearly all perks - and like the "SC" non-Haven suite ... is entitled to AND get an extra point per night paying suite pricing.  However, if you successfully bid "upgrade" Advantage into them, no and you then do NOT get the extra points awarded.

Date Name/Description Reservation# Ship Stateroom Type Points
May 8, 2022 7-Day 7-Day Bermuda Round-Trip From New York 4876XXXX Norwegian Joy Suite 28

Thank you so much for confirming! 28 points is amazing!!!!!

Edited by Adian80
  • Like 1