Adventure of the Seas Departure question?

MrsK

Why does the Adventure of the Seas leave the port of San Juan at 10 pm?

Most cruises have an earlier departure time and I was wondering why theAdventure of the Seas leaves so late in the day.

Rumor has it the departure is late because of the relatively lengthy process to arrive in San Juan....basically, most people are flying at least 4 or 5 hours, and a late departure allows a bit more flight scheduling flexibility.

I believe Carnival also departs later in the day for the same reason, but I think it's 8:00 rather than 10:00.

Thanks for the information.

Once I'm on the ship, I really don't care what time it leaves the dock. I was just curious as to why it would leave so late.

My vacation begins as soon as I step onboard!

The other reason is also because the ports you are visiting are all very close together, you don't have to sail that long to get to the next one, they can leave late and go slow and still get there pretty fast.

Jimbo:)

The other reason is also because the ports you are visiting are all very close together, you don't have to sail that long to get to the next one, they can leave late and go slow and still get there pretty fast.

Jimbo:)

I agree. It's all a function of using as little fuel as possible. B/c the ports are so close, they leave late and minimize fuel usage.

Archived