Anyone on board Getaway today know why ST Thomas was cancelled?

sabaka11

1 hour ago, n4w said:

Curious about your plans for St. Thomas and/or why the draw... St. Thomas is a scheduled port for us in Oct, still searching for ideas on things to do.

Just have never been to St Thomas and thought it was a good itinerary combined with San Juan.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, n4w said:

Curious about your plans for St. Thomas and/or why the draw... St. Thomas is a scheduled port for us in Oct, still searching for ideas on things to do.

Book a catamaran (non cruise excursion) to St John. Just don't pick one with 60 people onboard. If you have never been to St John you will fall in love. 90% of the island is national park with beaches to die for ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

Were there  multiple ships scheduled for the port that day? Have their covid numbers increased? Perhaps they have a limit on ships in port during covid? Just guessing...

I’m thinking the same thing. the Getaway’s Caribbean cruises were added only a few months ago. It was supposed to be sailing in the Baltic. If they were the last ship scheduled for a port, I think they would be the first to be dropped. Many other ships have had their itineraries set years ago. 

• Like 4

I am on the Getaway for 7/23. One of the passengers doing a B2B, (7/16 and 7/23) says all senior management are not divulging the reasons behind the itinerary changes. You can see it on the 7/23 roll call.

Just got off last week.  Everyone has an opinion….from crew to guests.  What’s clear is none of them really know.  Capt Luigi may know.  Ask him.

My opinion?  It’s not an NCL issue, it’s a St Thomas port issue.

18 hours ago, Dcoy said:

the Getaway’s Caribbean cruises were added only a few months ago. It was supposed to be sailing in the Baltic. If they were the last ship scheduled for a port, I think they would be the first to be dropped

I'd say that's probably the best guess at this point.  As for future cruises we'll just have to wait and see.

According to the port schedule, only the Getaway and the Caribbean Princess were supposed to be in port last Tuesday.  With saying that, I'm guessing two ships being in port is not the problem, as that seems to be the norm for St. Thomas. 

19 hours ago, Dcoy said:

I’m thinking the same thing. the Getaway’s Caribbean cruises were added only a few months ago. It was supposed to be sailing in the Baltic. If they were the last ship scheduled for a port, I think they would be the first to be dropped. Many other ships have had their itineraries set years ago. 

Probably the explanation that makes most sense.  Lots of moving pieces have to to put into place.  It's not like you show up at an island and find a parking space to parallel park in it.

I actually quite liked having 2 sea days at the end of the cruise. I had already made friends on the ship, and we all had a grand time just hanging at different venues.

• Like 3