Current Taxi Cost

chrislo

4 hours ago, chrislo said:

Does anyone know the current price of a taxi from havensight to redhook?  Just trying to budget.

It depends, thats what's tricky. Done this a half a dozen times and another half a dozen times from Crown Bay to Redhook. 

Try and mention to others on your sailing about taking the ferry to St John. The more people the less you pay up to 8 people. The sooner you get to Redhook the sooner you get to Trunk Bay😉.

On average and I'm sure it's not the same now but I took a safari van from Havensight to Redhook 12/18 for around $12, but I've paid more I think $18, with just 3 of us in a van. We were in a Huge hurry to catch the 8am ferry and we did. It's totally worth it if you and your teammates are up to it. 

Depending on when your ship disembarks, always catch the ferry 2 hours minimum  before you leave. 5pm(Princess)every time I catch the 3pm ferry from Cruz Bay back to Redhook. Cost $15 minimum.

Me, I'm keeping it simple if I commit to going over to St. John transportation to and from THE SHIP, straight up $100 minimum(you are your own tour guide 😎)

That's double what I've paid in the past.

Taxi from Havensight to Redhook $20

Round-trip ferry ticket $20

Taxi from Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay $20

Entrance fee to Trunk Bay $5

Taxi Back to Cruz Bay from Trunk $20

Taxi From Redhook to Havensight $20

Right at $100 ........God forbid you have a train wreck bar tab tack on another $100 minimum.🤪

Heading to St. John and having fun, I would budget $200(US) for the day. 

I'm being conservative. Hope this helps. 🙂

16 hours ago, TTEllis said:

It depends, thats what's tricky. Done this a half a dozen times and another half a dozen times from Crown Bay to Redhook. 

Try and mention to others on your sailing about taking the ferry to St John. The more people the less you pay up to 8 people. The sooner you get to Redhook the sooner you get to Trunk Bay😉.

On average and I'm sure it's not the same now but I took a safari van from Havensight to Redhook 12/18 for around $12, but I've paid more I think $18, with just 3 of us in a van. We were in a Huge hurry to catch the 8am ferry and we did. It's totally worth it if you and your teammates are up to it. 

Depending on when your ship disembarks, always catch the ferry 2 hours minimum  before you leave. 5pm(Princess)every time I catch the 3pm ferry from Cruz Bay back to Redhook. Cost $15 minimum.

Me, I'm keeping it simple if I commit to going over to St. John transportation to and from THE SHIP, straight up $100 minimum(you are your own tour guide 😎)

That's double what I've paid in the past.

Taxi from Havensight to Redhook $20

Round-trip ferry ticket $20

Taxi from Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay $20

Entrance fee to Trunk Bay $5

Taxi Back to Cruz Bay from Trunk $20

Taxi From Redhook to Havensight $20

Right at $100 ........God forbid you have a train wreck bar tab tack on another $100 minimum.🤪

Heading to St. John and having fun, I would budget $200(US) for the day. 

I'm being conservative. Hope this helps. 🙂

Chrislo is just looking for the taxi fare to Red Hook…

On 7/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, blue_water said:

$10/pp each way…Just hop one of the shared safari taxis going that way to get that “group rate”.

The taxi coordinators and drivers will direct you…

For anyone planning a day on STJ from Red Hook, the ~cost is -
Red Hook ferry <—> Cruz Bay = $8.15/pp each way, taxi to Trunk =$6/pp, Cinnamon = $7/pp.

You can also take a nice island tour and then get dropped at a beach for ~$25/pp. That also eliminates the taxi cost to a beach, you just pay the return taxi to Cruz.

So the total cost from Havensight to a beach on STJ is ~$50/pp, ~$68 w/ the island tour…From Crown Bay add ~$2…