Antigen Test Barcelona

MrsGUk

I understand that to board our cruise in Barcelona we all need a pre cruise antigen test. Where in Barcelona can we get one? And does it need to be 1 day or 2 days in advance?  

We are a bit confused about “up to date” with vaccination. My parents and husband had their 3rd (booster jab) in October 2021 so more than 9 months ago and I was December so just within the 9 months. 

My 6 and 8 year olds are not vaccinated at all. 

22 minutes ago, MrsGUk said:

I understand that to board our cruise in Barcelona we all need a pre cruise antigen test. Where in Barcelona can we get one? And does it need to be 1 day or 2 days in advance?  

We are a bit confused about “up to date” with vaccination. My parents and husband had their 3rd (booster jab) in October 2021 so more than 9 months ago and I was December so just within the 9 months. 

You are the only one that is up to date and can test 2 days before your cruise. Everyone else must test no earlier than the day before boarding. Many pharmacies in Barcelona offer testing.

51 minutes ago, MrsGUk said:

MrsGUk, assuming you are from the UK?  I think all children over 5 can get a vaccine there.  They will likely need to be vaccinated to cruise.  What does Celebrity say for your specific cruise?

57 minutes ago, MrsGUk said:

33 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You are the only one that is up to date and can test 2 days before your cruise. Everyone else must test no earlier than the day before boarding. Many pharmacies in Barcelona offer testing.

That is not correct, but it is easy to be confused by the wording...

"*European definition of Up to Date:  vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR at least 1 booster shot. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation."

The 9 months part only applies to those who have not had a booster, they must be within 9 months of the final dose to be considered 'Up to date'.

If you have had a booster then you are considered 'Up to date' regardless of how long ago the booster was received.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

That is not correct, but it is easy to be confused by the wording...

"*European definition of Up to Date:  vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR at least 1 booster shot. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation."

The 9 months part only applies to those who have not had a booster, they must be within 9 months of the final dose to be considered 'Up to date'.

If you have had a booster then you are considered 'Up to date' regardless of how long ago the booster was received.

Thanks for the correction. And I know this having recently cruised from Spain, so for me to answer incorrectly like I did is even more frustrating.

• Thanks 1

We had very good experience via https://democratest.com/.  They have several locations.  Reservation online.  We went to the one close to Las Ramblas/Ronda Sant Pau.  Was a bit difficult to find because it is a dental/veneer clinic and the Covid test was not indicated outside.  Cost ca 25 Euro and we waited about 25 min for result they send per email.  Just that they don t speak much English so not much conversation possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:55 PM, RichYak said:

Thanks for the correction. And I know this having recently cruised from Spain, so for me to answer incorrectly like I did is even more frustrating.

Not to worry - everything changes so quickly its hard to keep track!

On 7/22/2022 at 9:05 AM, Michidoeme said:

We had very good experience via https://democratest.com/.  They have several locations.  Reservation online.  We went to the one close to Las Ramblas/Ronda Sant Pau.  Was a bit difficult to find because it is a dental/veneer clinic and the Covid test was not indicated outside.  Cost ca 25 Euro and we waited about 25 min for result they send per email.  Just that they don t speak much English so not much conversation possible.

I visited their site the other day, and the locations they show are

Barcelona - Cubells (way NE)

Barcelona – Gava (way W past the airport)

Barcelona – The Hospitalet (a fair bit SW of our location)

Barcelona – Sant Cugat (way, WAY NW)

Barcelona – Sant Juan Despí (W, N of the airport)

I know where Ronda de Sant Pau is, and while about a quarter mile from La Rambla, that would be closer to us than any of the locations they site online.  Can you be more specific about where your testing site was?  I see something called a Clinca Dental Veneer's on Ronda de Sant Pau about two blocks NW of the Parallel.  Is that an 'unlisted' democratest testing site?

Does this look like the place?

image.png.4b32c6cd8c5c340c486a4fc65c586343.png

We'll be on La Rambla less than a block from the Catalunya station.

Yes, picture looks familiar.  Depending which day you choose the “Clinica Veneer” (and some others, not on your list show up or not) when selecting site.  Seems like many August dates or weekends they do not work.  But selecting a date in September, eg 12th, they show in drop down menu.

119FC993-3479-4CA1-AC24-DE42B041AA3C.png

Edited by Michidoeme