Still waiting for FCC promised for switching Venice to Ravenna

almostnewtocruise

6 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Anyone on the Onward get their FCC for the port change

We recently got FCC for the port change on our late May Onward.  Showed up about 2 months after the cruise.  

Edited by curmudgeon98
clarify

8 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Anyone on the Onward get their FCC for the port change

If your referring to the Maiden not yet, I had to pay the balance for our October cruise less the FCC amount and it was escalated to the senior management team, Friday was the target to resolve but I’ve heard nothing yet.

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

If your referring to the Maiden not yet, I had to pay the balance for our October cruise less the FCC amount and it was escalated to the senior management team, Friday was the target to resolve but I’ve heard nothing yet.

Thank you. I applied the maiden voyage refund of cost FCC to a cruise in January.  The amount applied was more than the balance of the cruise.  The rest of the FCC has disappeared.

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

Thank you. I applied the maiden voyage refund of cost FCC to a cruise in January.  The amount applied was more than the balance of the cruise.  The rest of the FCC has disappeared.

We did the same for a March cruise, I was told that the balance of the FCC would be credited back after that cruise was completed and could be applied to another future cruise. It’s only a small amount so not a major problem if that doesn’t happen but time will tell.

We had to pay the taxes at the time of booking as the agent said any cruise booked using the maiden FCC had to be paid in full at the time of booking.

4 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

We used ours to pay for a cruise next month. As it was a great deal we only used half of our FCC. We should get the balance after our next cruise as we are hoping to book the same cruise as Riocca from Gran Canaria to Lisbon. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We used ours to pay for a cruise next month. As it was a great deal we only used half of our FCC. We should get the balance after our next cruise as we are hoping to book the same cruise as Riocca from Gran Canaria to Lisbon. 

Party time in the Atlas Bar 🥳😎

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Just received our $500.00 OBC from Onward maiden voyage for port change from Venice to Ravenna .

Did you receive OBC? We would rather have OBC but just received ours and it is FCC that I don’t think we can use before June. 

8 hours ago, Norn Iron Man said:

Im due to sail from Venice in April. Hopefully I will get something similar 🙂

I think it depends on when you made the booking.  If Ravenna is shown as your departure point, despite flying into Venice, then I do not think you will get OBC.  Our port change in April was one of the first from Ravenna.  We expected to be in Marghera/Fusina nearer Venice.

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I think it depends on when you made the booking.  If Ravenna is shown as your departure point, despite flying into Venice, then I do not think you will get OBC.  Our port change in April was one of the first from Ravenna.  We expected to be in Marghera/Fusina nearer Venice.

2023 cruises are still saying Venice probably in the hope that the promised cruise port in Marghera will materialise. If not it’s going to be interesting if they choose to stay at Ravenna or change to Trieste either way it’s going to cause problems with transfers to the port. Our next cruise from Venice is October 2023 so we’ll hold off on getting the outbound flight until we know what’s happening.

18 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

Our email states that the FCC is because of feedback from the maiden voyage. It doesn’t mention that it is due to the change from Venice to Ravenna which is what we were expecting. Seems strange. 

I noticed that, did wonder if having refunded the cruise cost for the maiden they thought that there was no requirement for this FCC. If that was the case it should have been communicated in the maiden refund email and maybe they realise this.

Anyway gratefully received and spent on an extra cruise so Azamara have gained from it 😁

4 hours ago, Riocca said:

I noticed that, did wonder if having refunded the cruise cost for the maiden they thought that there was no requirement for this FCC. If that was the case it should have been communicated in the maiden refund email and maybe they realise this.

Anyway gratefully received and spent on an extra cruise so Azamara have gained from it 😁

On our last night on Onward there was a letter left on the bed which stated that we would receive a FCC of $300 because of the problems onboard. I assumed this had been cancelled when we received the FCC for our entire cruise cost. 

4 hours ago, barneyboy said:

On our last night on Onward there was a letter left on the bed which stated that we would receive a FCC of $300 because of the problems onboard. I assumed this had been cancelled when we received the FCC for our entire cruise cost. 

We didn’t receive anything on the last night the email a week or so later was a complete surprise.

5 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We had the note in the cabin, but nothing further, so I assumed it had been superseded by the credit for the entire cruise. Until yesterday, when I got an email refunding a further $300. It was a total surprise! I felt I’d been more than fairly recompensed for every possible thing already, but an extra credit is always a very nice thing. It’s no wonder I am an Azamara loyalist!

15 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

My departure point is still shown as Venice and indeed my TA confirmed this a few days ago with Azamara. I have my flight booked to Venice and my transfer with Azamara to the port (Venice or Ravenna)

30 minutes ago, Norn Iron Man said:

My departure point is still shown as Venice and indeed my TA confirmed this a few days ago with Azamara. I have my flight booked to Venice and my transfer with Azamara to the port (Venice or Ravenna)

I think it’s a bit like Civitavecchia for Rome.  The port will be listed as Rome, but of course the ships must call at Civitavecchia. I think Ravenna is a better deal currently than Marghera or Fusina, since it’s not very industrial. Other options may open up in the future, but not for a while.