Still waiting for FCC promised for switching Venice to Ravenna

almostnewtocruise

I wish the Azamara Shoreside was half as good (and efficient) as the ships are. 

We've been on Pursuit in April 2022 for two  b2b cruises - when  they  first changed the port of Venice to Ravenna.

Because this switch has been done quite late, we've been promised FCC of $300 pp as a compensation. 

So far only one of us got the FCC (it happened late June, so more than 2 months after the cruise). 

Now - a month later - I am still waiting for mine, although our TA called them several times and I wrote to them.  I didn't  even get an acknowledgment that they got my mails.

I know there were other people on b2b cruises with us at that time. I wonder if anyone else had  (has?) this problem. 

Also - if we were b2b and the port was changed for both of  the cruises - are we eligible for the compensation for both of them? Just curious.. At this point I'll be happy to get it just for  the one!  

You really should receive 2 FCCs.  We’ve been promised $300 FCC for the change for our upcoming cruise on Journey.  I really think it should be OBC.

Disappointed to hear that you’re still waiting for yours.  We’ll disembark on August 17th and I was hoping to use ours towards a booking and avail of the current promotion that ends on August 31st. 

We are also awaiting the fcc from Quest ending May 1st,  although the amount is determined by the new cabin booking not what you were in when the port changed. ( I was told this by the Future Cruise member of staff onboard )
We will be doing  the transfer  from Ravenna to Venice again in October , hopefully  they will be up to speed with the fcc.

If both  an embarkation and disembarkation was involved theoretically you should get 2 fcc.

Edited by combine

The fcc is determined by the cabin you were in when the port was changed not for a  future booking. I spoke to an Azamara rep who explained this to me and also told me that you should receive it about 45 working days after completion of the affected cruise. Therefore it couldn't be determined by a new booking.

1 hour ago, Belfastman said:

The fcc is determined by the cabin you were in when the port was changed not for a  future booking. I spoke to an Azamara rep who explained this to me and also told me that you should receive it about 45 working days after completion of the affected cruise. Therefore it couldn't be determined by a new booking.

That would certainly be helpful as we were in a CC  and it would be $500. Im only relaying the  information Matthew gave me on Quest. We disembarked in May 1st so we are way overdue this fcc.

6 hours ago, Belfastman said:

We disembarked June 29 and booked two more cruises (B2B) for next year. I was told the FCC should show up in late Aug and could be applied to my bookings.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, almostnewtocruise said:

I wish the Azamara Shoreside was half as good (and efficient) as the ships are. 

We've been on Pursuit in April 2022 for two  b2b cruises - when  they  first changed the port of Venice to Ravenna.

Because this switch has been done quite late, we've been promised FCC of $300 pp as a compensation. 

So far only one of us got the FCC (it happened late June, so more than 2 months after the cruise). 

Now - a month later - I am still waiting for mine, although our TA called them several times and I wrote to them.  I didn't  even get an acknowledgment that they got my mails.

I know there were other people on b2b cruises with us at that time. I wonder if anyone else had  (has?) this problem. 

Also - if we were b2b and the port was changed for both of  the cruises - are we eligible for the compensation for both of them? Just curious.. At this point I'll be happy to get it just for  the one!  

My correspondence states that the $300 is per stateroom, not Per person. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kent4489 said:

We disembarked June 29 and booked two more cruises (B2B) for next year. I was told the FCC should show up in late Aug and could be applied to my bookings.

I was wondering if that was an option.  I didn’t want to book anything, then still have an outstanding FCC (not that $300 will make much of a dent in the fare, lol).  

“As a reminder, all guests booked on this voyage prior to March 31st will receive a Future Cruise Credit of $250 per stateroom for insides and oceanviews, $300 for verandas, and $500 for suites. This Future Cruise Credit will be available once your voyage has resumed and can be redeemed on a new Azamara voyage.”

This is from the April email. I had originally thought fcc payable according to cabin on the affected cruise. Future Cruise member then told me otherwise 🤦‍♀️.
But rereading it again it looks promising for our $500 . With another cruise affected in October Im hoping we can use both payments together for a future cruise ? 

Edited by combine

Since I first wrote, I've been told by my TA that the $300 (veranda) is indeed for cabin and not pp.

And that we'll get it for BOTH cruses (I'll update if/when we will. I'm talking about cruises in April).

Also that - presumably - we'll be able to use both FCCs for a single  future cruise (valid until June 2023).

We shall see...

We booked onboard for next June during our April cruise.  We were also promised this FCC for docking in Ravenna instead of Venice.  The Cruise Consultant said our credit would show up eventually.  I presume it may show when we make our final payment.

Not sure what our benefit will be as we were in a Club Continent Suite which we bid and paid for from a Balcony.

Actually I think everyone should get the same amount regardless of stateroom category.  This change affected everyone equally regardless of what cabin they were in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Actually I think everyone should get the same amount regardless of stateroom category.  This change affected everyone equally regardless of what cabin they were in.

I would agree with you. That is why it seemed plausible when the Future Sales guy Matthew said the amount was dependent on the new cruise you booked and not  what you were in when they changed Venice. Which now seems incorrect. 🤷🏼‍♀️
We did final payment recently on an October one and there was no fcc sitting anywhere!  Something soon would be good! 

• Like 1

We were originally told 45 days from disembarkation and booked an October cruise based on this, originally Azamara were happy to accept the promised FCC as the deposit. I got nervous about that and a few weeks ago checked it was still ok the agent thought it might be better to pay the deposit just in case which I did. Balance is due next week and it’s looking like August before we get the FCC but the agent said we could either delay the balance or pay the balance less the estimated FCC.

She did say they’re dealing with this all the time and it’s not going to be a problem.

• Like 2

I am happy to say that (at last!) we got the FCC for our second cruise.

So - as promised - we got $300  (we were in  a veranda) per cruise and not per person. We can use them until June 2023. 

These were April cruises, so it took more than the 45 days promised. Our TA called several times, I wrote emails and mentioned it here.

Supposedly all that helped.

I'm glad to put that behind us.

Good Luck to all of you who are still waiting! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bringmesunshine said:

Just received an email with the promised future cruise credit from our Onward cruise 21 May. Looking forward to redeeming it.

It looks like today is THE day !! 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Nothing received from the Onward maiden voyage.

We haven’t either, spoke to Azamara yesterday and it’s being chased up, waiting to apply it to an October cruise. Balance was due on Sunday but Azamara have deferred it for a week pending the FCC.

@roberts2005 now the fcc have started coming through. (our cruise was 23April) it hopefully shouldn’t be too long , if they are doing them in date order. Although some do appear to be out of sequence!🤷‍♀️

Edited by combine