Proof of negative covid test results

kicia

I'm back with another question.  We had our tests and have little cards that show negative.  We are also supposed to get emails showing the results.  It was also mentioned that we would get texts showing the negative results. If we just get texts, is it acceptable to show the results on the phone and not have printed results?

I think we can start packing now.

Thank you!

If the texts include all your contact information and your name as it’s on your Government ID, it might be ok.

Did you fill out information on your cruise line when you took your test? If so they might have your test results. Just reread requirements 

On 7/22/2022 at 5:00 PM, Hudi76 said:

If the texts include all your contact information and your name as it’s on your Government ID, it might be ok.

Did you fill out information on your cruise line when you took your test? If so they might have your test results. Just reread requirements 

There was nowhere to enter information about traveling at all, so no we didn't.  It all worked out though because we got emails and were able to  print them out.  Thanks!

When you get to a place where you must show proof of a negative test there are several options.  If you have a "hard copy" that clearly shows the source (i.e. Lab, hospital, E-Med, etc) along with your name, some other id info such as date of birth (not everyone cares about this), and info about the test including the type of test and results, you will be fine.   If you have similar information on your phone, be it a text message or an e-mail, this is also acceptable.

I will add that we have had our test results viewed by multiple cruise line folks as well as multiple European authorities without anyone ever questioning the info.   These days most folks will just glance at the test info without bothering to actually read the info.  Some folks make their lives more difficult by showing a UPC Code they get from some sources rather than the actual test results.  The problem with UPCs is that humans cannot read those things :).  

Having traveled extensively in the past two years my own preference is to have a hard copy in hand as well as the info on my phone.  There are times when the phone fails, or an item just disappears and you will see folks fumbling with their phone trying to find those darn test results and getting it on the screen.  While a hard copy (print out) is old fashioned, it is very effective.  I also prefer to hand somebody a piece of paper rather than giving them my phone.  But that is a matter of personal preference.

Relying on a phone can be a two edged sword.  Last July when we were checking-in at Pireaus, for a cruise, my phone's battery just died!  It was certainly my fault, but having been traveling for over 36 hours, it just slipped my mind.  Seabourn had all the boarding pass info on their App and I did not have any hard copy backup.  Fortunately, one of the Seabourn folks had their own device, was eventually able to get into their system, and pull up our info.  But this took 2 or 3 minutes (it seemed like an hour) as we stood there feeling like idiots.

Hank

I'm confused.  Which port are we talking about here.  From my reading of the MSC website for Covid requirements for sailing in the Mediterranean. test results are not mentioned.  Is this post about US cruising?

11 hours ago, rjp50 said:

I'm confused.  Which port are we talking about here.  From my reading of the MSC website for Covid requirements for sailing in the Mediterranean. test results are not mentioned.  Is this post about US cruising?

From MSC's US site for Med:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/mediterranean

• COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:
  • All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests 12 years and older are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.
  • To note: An antigen self-test is not accepted for embarkation. 
  • Requirements for fully vaccinated guests under 12 years old are the same as testing requirements for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated.
  • All guests not fully vaccinated (all guests under 12 years of age, given our vaccination requirements) are required to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. 
  • These guests may undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to embarkation provided by MSC Cruises, free of charge. The only exception is that no pre-embarkation or embarkation testing is required for guests under 2 years of age. 
Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

From MSC's US site for Med:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/mediterranean

• COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:
  • All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests 12 years and older are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.
  • To note: An antigen self-test is not accepted for embarkation. 
  • Requirements for fully vaccinated guests under 12 years old are the same as testing requirements for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated.
  • All guests not fully vaccinated (all guests under 12 years of age, given our vaccination requirements) are required to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. 
  • These guests may undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to embarkation provided by MSC Cruises, free of charge. The only exception is that no pre-embarkation or embarkation testing is required for guests under 2 years of age. 

When I click on this link, I don't see the words you quote.  What I see is:

EDIT:  Nevermind.  It is a browser issue.  When I switched to a different browser I see the words I quoted below but it also gave me a scroll bar to scroll to see what you quoted.  The first browser doesn't give me a scroll bar.  Poor web deign on MSC's part.

As per our stringent MSC health and safety protocols, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo some health and COVID-19 screenings including but not limited to a health questionnaire, and a contactless temperature check, at the terminal before boarding. 

For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our health and safety protocols in place in our terminals and to bring:

• A printed copy of the embarkation form (available in your cruise ticket)
  • A printed copy of the mandatory health questionnaire duly completed and signed within 6 hours prior to the embarkation (available in your cruise ticket)
  • The original test results certificate or vaccination and recovery certificate (paper or electronic format) must indicate that complete vaccination has taken place within the last 9 months (270 days). Those passengers who received the booster vaccine are exempted from the 9 months restriction.
  • A valid identity document

Edited by rjp50

1 hour ago, svnet said:

Here is what I found on the italian MSC website:

image.png.65187a2714d3cbabea9f1d05bf0c5a82.png

Thanks, I wasn’t clear 😅… I refer to a test directly by MSC… I’m conscious about the test I have to make in the 48 hours before! Thanks a lot for answering 

23 hours ago, lippi1970 said:

Thanks, I wasn’t clear 😅… I refer to a test directly by MSC… I’m conscious about the test I have to make in the 48 hours before! Thanks a lot for answering 

For what I know, no testing from MSC, only the one you have to make in advance and bring proof.

• Thanks 1