Discovery Entertainment

sbaker

We were on the July 10th sailing. They had production shows on the formal nights and those are the only ones we attended. However, the performers in those shows were the most talented I've seen on any of our 35 cruises. Even the dancers were mic'd for singing and contributed to the shows. The first one is called Spotlight Bar and I liked that the best, but the other one, Rock Opera, was also very good. That's where you really see the depth of talent. The other nights were a Vegas style singing show and magic. There is also quite a bit of daytime programming, much more than a Caribbean or European cruise.  

Our cruise was fantastic and Discovery is beautiful. The crew was awesome, even with a pretty full ship, about 3500. The only downside of our port selection was Dawes Glacier. Got down Endicott Arm but too much ice to get to the glacier. Our previous Alaska cruise went to Glacier Bay and I can see why that is the preferred route.

Have fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We just disembarked today. Production shows were Rock Opera and Spotlight Bar. Saw the latter which is an exclusive show for the Discovery and loved it. Saw Carlos Oscar and he is a funny comedian who we have seen before. Also had an illusionist and a Las Vegas singer. 

We just completed a 7 day on Discovery Princess.  Attended the "Production Shows" held on the two formal nights.  They were among the best we every have scene.  Only complaint is that they were too short (45 minutes)

Suggestion: get to the theatre early, it fills up fast.

On 7/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, sbaker said:

Can anyone who has been on the Discovery to Alaska recently tell me what the nightly entertainment was each evening in the main theater?

Just disembarked today from Discovery. We watched the following on different nights in the theatre. We were very impressed with the shows. 

Comedian Carlos Oscar,  Excellent. He played 2 separate  nights, each one a different act.

Spotlight Bar Broadway performance- Excellent

Rock Opera. Excellent.