Tips for Getting thru Cape Liberty Quick

If you have a 10:00AM check in try getting there at least thirty minutes earlier. Your group should be one of the first to board the ship, sometime after 11:30AM. On my Adventure Of The Seas June 9th sailing the ship left at 3:30PM. In most instances they want all passengers checked in and onboard the vessel ninety minutes before sail away. My families check in time was 11:30AM and with the long line that snaked outside of the terminal we didn’t board the ship until after 1:00PM.

6 hours ago, Project-College said:

... so why is 2pm a good time?

You notice everyone says get there at 10:30? Guess what, a lot of folks, even with later check in times will be there as well. Anyone who has sailed out of Bayonne will tell that there’s virtually no line after 2PM. Now, if/when ships ever go back to a 3PM departure that  is a bit late, but till then, if you want to have a quick embarkation, go late when human nature got most of folks out do the way. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Alexxussss said:

Anyone know where to go for Covid testing at the port (Cape Liberty) for my 2 year old (unvaccinated)? I heard there was a separate line.

Thank you!

There was a guy going up to everyone with young kids and asking whether they’re vaccinated, so they’ll find you and tell you what to do.

19 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

And do they have a separate suite line starting outside? I never saw one last September. It always looks so disorganized outside.

Not outside, but once you go inside, it’s all the way to the left.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Project-College said:

A question to Veteran Cruisers who have recently sailed thru Cape Liberty.....

What are the best tips to make the process easy and quick?

I have already been 'counseled' to arrive close to the check-in time but what else makes the process more effective/quick.

The last time I went out of NY.... when we returned back I had a Porter take our bags thru customs and we were done really fast!!!  

We will be driving to Port for 8/5 sailing.

Tip #1.  Remember Cape Liberty is non in NY

Tip #2.  Walk faster....the faster you walk, the faster you make it.  

Tip #3.  Have all you documents ready to check in

Tip #4.  When coming back, slow down, you already parked your car, it's not going anyplace, have coffee, and breakfast and relax for the morning

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You notice everyone says get there at 10:30? Guess what, a lot of folks, even with later check in times will be there as well. Anyone who has sailed out of Bayonne will tell that there’s virtually no line after 2PM. Now, if/when ships ever go back to a 3PM departure that  is a bit late, but till then, if you want to have a quick embarkation, go late when human nature got most of folks out do the way. 

Insightful!

54 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Tip #1.  Remember Cape Liberty is non in NY

Tip #2.  Walk faster....the faster you walk, the faster you make it.  

Tip #3.  Have all you documents ready to check in

Tip #4.  When coming back, slow down, you already parked your car, it's not going anyplace, have coffee, and breakfast and relax for the morning

Thks

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Lots of folks are like you mentioned and show up early - if you go late you won't be fighting that crowd.

Understood but you are paying from 10am on so why would you want to lose out for many hours of a vacation you can start earlier? We have actually gotten on a cruise late like that because of flying in to the port and it felt more chaotic IMO. 

3 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Understood but you are paying from 10am on so why would you want to lose out for many hours of a vacation you can start earlier? 

The poster asked for the easy and quick method for getting on board. For some, that is more important than a couple of hours on board.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, loudbmw said:

Unless you are Star Class, you wait with everyone until you get through the main door.  After that there is a separate line for Suites/Pinnacle starting at the security checkpoint.

Do you think that’s still the case if the ship you’re sailing doesn’t offer Star class?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The poster asked for the easy and quick method for getting on board. For some, that is more important than a couple of hours on board.

I guess if you go on lots of vacations then you don't care, I get that. 

6 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Understood but you are paying from 10am on so why would you want to lose out for many hours of a vacation you can start earlier? We have actually gotten on a cruise late like that because of flying in to the port and it felt more chaotic IMO. 

It’s very, very unlikely you’ll board anywhere near 10:00AM.  

• Like 1

Just now, KayRaeRae said:

It’s very, very unlikely you’ll board anywhere near 10:00AM.  

Just meaning the 10am check in. The last time we sailed, 4 years ago from there we checked in that early and got on the ship at 11:30. Still about 3 hours earlier. We also like to start our vacation as soon as we possibly can 🙂

2 hours ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

There was a guy going up to everyone with young kids and asking whether they’re vaccinated, so they’ll find you and tell you what to do.

Not outside, but once you go inside, it’s all the way to the left.

Thank you, Bound4Bermuda! This helps put me at ease. I appreciate your help!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Just meaning the 10am check in. The last time we sailed, 4 years ago from there we checked in that early and got on the ship at 11:30. Still about 3 hours earlier. We also like to start our vacation as soon as we possibly can 🙂

In Biker19's defense... I was asking for ANY tips for getting thru Cape Liberty quick.

I wouldn't take that tip BECAUSE I, like u, want to get on board ASAP (the only reason I stayed up until 12:11am when check-ins opened!

...BUT he did offer some insight I had not even considered.

Again, I was hoping for any and ALL tips as those on this Board seem to be much more experienced than me... heck I sounded at first like I thought Cape Liberty was in NY (which I didn't but spoke wrong).

I'm just trying to get tips from Subject Matter Experts!

PS:  One tip I can offer to anyone flying in Newark... DO NOT pet a friends female German sheppard, just before you leave,  especially if they are in heat.  I did and was held by Airport security for over 4 hours (since I would NOT agree to a cavity search) until they effectively determined that their male German Sheppard Drug Sniffing Dog wasn't going crazy at me for drugs... the dog was just horny!  This happened right in front of my Boss, as we were going to France for our LVMH conference so be assured that listen closely to ALL tips and suggestions!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Project-College said:

In Biker19's defense... I was asking for ANY tips for getting thru Cape Liberty quick.

I wouldn't take that tip BECAUSE I, like u, want to get on board ASAP (the only reason I stayed up until 12:11am when check-ins opened!

Again, I was hoping for any and ALL tips as those on this Board seem to be much more experienced than me... heck I sounded at first like I thought Cape Liberty was in NY (which I didn't but spoke wrong).

PS:  One tip I can offer to anyone flying in Newark... DO NOT pet a friends female German sheppard, just before you leave,  especially if they are in heat.  I did and was held by Airport security for over 4 hours (since I would NOT agree to a cavity search) until they effectively determined that their male German Sheppard Drug Sniffing Dog wasn't going crazy at me for drugs... the dog was just horny!  This happened right in front of my Boss, as we were going to France for our LVMH conference so be assured that listen closely to ALL tips and suggestions!

Understood 🙂 We left from there 4 years ago so it's been awhile. Actually the RCCL commercials say the NY "area". Probably to get more people from NY to want to cruise since it is so close. It really is not that bad though of a drive for many in the area and last time it was really easy to park and check in. Hoping the same this time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Project-College said:

PS:  One tip I can offer to anyone flying in Newark... DO NOT pet a friend's female German shepherd, just before you leave,  especially if they are in heat.  I did and was held by Airport security for over 4 hours (since I would NOT agree to a cavity search) until they effectively determined that their male German Shepherd Drug Sniffing Dog wasn't going crazy at me for drugs... the dog was just horny!  This happened right in front of my Boss, as we were going to France for our LVMH conference so be assured that listen closely to ALL tips and suggestions!

I cannot stop laughing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Project-College said:

OMG the last part of your post lolololol