Experiences Sailing on a Brand New RSS Ship?

Hi, Crystal refugee here, would really appreciate experiences of RSS veterans who have sailed on any RSS ships right at or soon after their maiden voyage.  I just booked a Caribbean cruise on Grandeur in early 2024, and waitlisted the two Panama Canal cruises immediately before.  At the time I was just thinking "that's way out in 2024," and didn't appreciate the specifics of when Grandeur is scheduled to set sail.  I now realize that I could be stepping on board a ship that's been sailing for as few as 21 days, something my rather cautious self would usually avoid.  If anyone has experience with how well RSS handles new ship rollouts, I would very much appreciate your insights.    

Also, excited to try Regent.  Looks like great fun.

I was on the Splendor's maiden TA cruise and had a MAGNIFICENT time!  Yes there was some minor tweaks still being made - like, some walk-in closets needed the hanging racks relocated.

I'll be on the Grandeur's TA maiden voyage from Barcelona to Miami where I assume she'll be christened. and she might even have a few days at sea with travel agents in Miami. So Regent will surely go to great pains to have her sparkle! Your cruise should be as close to perfect as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

I was on the Splendor's maiden TA cruise and had a MAGNIFICENT time!  Yes there was some minor tweaks still being made - like, some walk-in closets needed the hanging racks relocated.

I'll be on the Grandeur's TA maiden voyage from Barcelona to Miami where I assume she'll be christened. and she might even have a few days at sea with travel agents in Miami. So Regent will surely go to great pains to have her sparkle! Your cruise should be as close to perfect as possible.

Great, thanks for the strong endorsement.  I'm keeping my booking and waitlists.

We were also with DeepFreeze for the Splendor inaugural - magnificent.  We noticed the few tweaks of design improvement over the Explorer.  And we will also be on the Grandeur inaugural.  Sometimes the few and minor glitches give a little humor....

• Like 1

Was on the third/fourth segment(s) aboard Explorer--2017.  Itinerary was B2B, Miami via Barcelona to Venice.  (Yes, Venice in the olden days before current restrictions even on "smaller" cruise ships were implemented.)

Jason M. and other Regent Brass were aboard.  Several special events hosted at Regent's Miami HQ before we set sail.  Typical for Inaugural sailings on a new ship. 

Also, consistent Regent top-service throughout that voyage. 

GOARMY!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Hi, Crystal refugee here, would really appreciate experiences of RSS veterans who have sailed on any RSS ships right at or soon after their maiden voyage.  I just booked a Caribbean cruise on Grandeur in early 2024, and waitlisted the two Panama Canal cruises immediately before.  At the time I was just thinking "that's way out in 2024," and didn't appreciate the specifics of when Grandeur is scheduled to set sail.  I now realize that I could be stepping on board a ship that's been sailing for as few as 21 days, something my rather cautious self would usually avoid.  If anyone has experience with how well RSS handles new ship rollouts, I would very much appreciate your insights.    

Also, excited to try Regent.  Looks like great fun.

Im on the maiden voyage of Grandeur and the two following.  Not worried at all