Customer Service wait times!!

dasmith21

7 hours ago, eroller said:

Sounds like this is the wrong thread for you. If you don’t want to read about others people’s issues, which by the way are no less valid just because you haven’t had issues, then don’t go into a thread titled “customer service wait times”.  You pretty much know what you’re going to find.  

No.  It’s not the wrong thread. Everyone needs to just stop complaining about hold times. It is what it is. Complaining about it won’t make it better. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eroller said:

Your choice.  Good for you.  

If you don’t want to read about Celebrity customer service issues then why on earth are you participating in a thread devoted to it.  Just move on.  

Because it’s comical to see people complaining about something that could be easily fixed by not booking direct.  How about you move on.  No one cares about your “elite” status.  Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bdstickks0944 said:

Because it’s comical to see people complaining about something that could be easily fixed by not booking direct.  How about you move on.  No one cares about your “elite” status.  Cheers

Testy.  Comical.  

4 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

No.  It’s not the wrong thread. Everyone needs to just stop complaining about hold times. It is what it is. Complaining about it won’t make it better. 

No one needs to stop complaining about anything.  If they want to so be it.  Get over it.  

2 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Nope. All is well. I find it humorous when people brag about their status.  Like it makes a difference.  

I included that in context as to why I actually had to call and not just book the package online.  You have to in order to receive the discount.  It can't be done online.  If I really wanted to brag it wouldn't be about Elite status on Celebrity.   It's no great feat.  

Edited by eroller
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eroller said:

I included that in context as to why I actually had to call and not just book the package online.  You have to in order to receive the discount.  It can't be done online.  If I really wanted to brag it wouldn't be about Elite status on Celebrity.   It's no great feat.  

Absolutely no reason to call celebrity if you book with a travel agent. 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, eroller said:

Calling any call center customer service department these days is an exercise in futility.   Banks, credit cards, airlines, etc.  Celebrity is no exception.  I try to avoid calling any call center at all costs, but sometimes you have no choice.  As others have mentioned many companies lost a huge knowledge base during the pandemic, added with the Great Resignation which leaves a lot of companies in a compromised position regarding staffing. 

I recently booked a Celebrity cruise as cruise-only, so nothing included.  I wanted to add a drink and wifi package which of course is offered online, but I'm Elite status and if I want the Elite discount I'm forced to ring the call center.  It took two calls, being placed on hold on both calls an absurdly long time, but I finally got it accomplished.  This seemed like an incredibly simple transaction but apparently not.  Booking the actual cruise was far easier.  Hopefully this will be my only call to Celebrity customer non-service. 

Funny, my TA is and was able to make the elite calls that you mentioned.   

• Thanks 1

I know the wait can be long and was going to call again to reprice my cruise, yes it went down with the newest sale.  A chat window popped up, as I was doing a mock booking.  I was surprised how easy it went and got what I wanted in no time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Absolutely no reason to call celebrity if you book with a travel agent. 

This statement is not always correct.  Read my posting #56.  As was said, yes a TA should handle everything for you.  Unfortunately they do not always do that.  As in virtually all aspects of the work force, not all people perform their jobs as we wish they would.  Unfortunately there are TA’s out there that do not always have their clients best interest at heart.  If you are fortunate enough to have one that you have total faith in, that is great.  For those that have not found that TA, it makes it necessary to sometimes make that call to Celebrity Customer Service.  

47 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Funny, my TA is and was able to make the elite calls that you mentioned.   

Good for your travel agent.  Let them hold for an hour.  Lovely.  

36 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Pass the popcorn please and thank you 

I did book this cruise through a travel agent.  It wasn't an expensive cruise.  I also know how much commission my travel agent made.  It's not a lot.  I don't expect them to wait on hold an hour for a past passenger discount on an internet package on my behalf.  Frankly Celebrity should have the discount automated but they don't.  So as a fully capable human being I can manage such tasks.  Can it be frustrating waiting and dealing with customer service?  Absolutely and maybe venting a little helps.  But it's not going to kill me and I would rather not put my travel agent through the hassle, knowing how much they are making on the booking.  If others rely more on their travel agents for such tasks then great.  No judgements here.  Just not how I operate.   

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Pass the popcorn please and thank you 

With garlic powder no salt or butter, please and thank you!!!

In between matinees... LOL

bon voyage

On 7/25/2022 at 5:17 PM, keesar said:

I called to change a reservation last Friday.  I was shocked that someone picked up in less than 3 minutes.    Call it the luck of the draw.  

I called yesterday to double check something and my call was picked up immediately.  I can tell you that I called at 2:15pm.  Any time I call in the AM, it takes longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1