Turkey for breakfast in WJ.

Hi

We recently did a b2b on Radiance, pleasantly surprised to see turkey at the carving station for breakfast in the WJ every other day, I've only ever seen Ham at breakfast time before now.   Is this a new thing across the fleet or something they just seem to do on the Alaska route as I've sailed Radiance before and did not see it then.

1 minute ago, welshrich said:

Hi

We recently did a b2b on Radiance, pleasantly surprised to see turkey at the carving station for breakfast in the WJ every other day, I've only ever seen Ham at breakfast time before now.   Is this a new thing across the fleet or something they just seem to do on the Alaska route as I've sailed Radiance before and did not see it then.

I saw turkey on Oasis last week. Perhaps a supply chain issue? Not sure why they wouldn’t just forego the carving station for the morning.

4 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

I saw turkey on Oasis last week. Perhaps a supply chain issue? Not sure why they wouldn’t just forego the carving station for the morning.

That's interesting, we are on Vision in 10 weeks so will have a look, it was really delicious!

Turkey for breakfast?? Maybe they could carve some for the MDR.  I’m not a foodie & have always found MDR food acceptable to very good EXCEPT the roast turkey on Mariner.  I don’t know what that was but it sure didn’t look like it came from any bird I’ve ever seen.  Seagull maybe?  Really should have sent it back but my grandson was eating his with no issues & I didn’t want to discourage that.  Hit WJ later instead.

Edited by poocher
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, poocher said:

Turkey for breakfast?? Maybe they could carve some for the MDR.  I’m not a foodie & have always found MDR food acceptable to very good EXCEPT the roast turkey on Mariner.  I don’t know what that was but it sure didn’t look like it came from any bird I’ve ever seen.  Seagull maybe?  Really should have sent it back but my grandson was eating his with no issues & I didn’t want to discourage that.  Hit WJ later instead.

Not enough gravy  ? 😀 

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Why not?  Pork is served.  Why not turkey?

Why not indeed.  Just an observation from 66 years of eating breakfast.  I’ve seen turkey sausage but never actual turkey. 🤷‍♀️