Tickets

geri2020

Good afternoon, I have booked on the Meravigilia for September 24th. I was wondering as i booked through a TA does my tickets be emailed from them. I did do the online check in via MSC Website and TA has passed on insurance details but where it says send tickets by email it is greyed out and wont let me submit to send them by email as it was saying all information not provided, but it has been. I know it is more than the 20 days before sailing so no big panic. I was just wondering how I will receive tickets as I usually book direct with MSC and would have been provided tickets before the 20 days.  Any information would be appreciated. Thank You 

From what I've read elsewhere if you booked through a TA you'll get your tickets from them. If you were to ring MSC it'll tell you they can only help if you booked direct and to contact your TA. I would give your TA a call to confirm. 

• Like 1

There are typically three possible  reasons for the greyed out part.

1: most likely in your case ….you are too early!

2: most typically if under 50 days,  your TA has not passed over your insurance details to MSC

3: another reason, which can delay in the last couple of weeks, is that your TA has not passed on your payment to MSC. As I understand it, monies are kept in an escrow account until close to the voyage. At least one major TA passes on the funds only 7-10 days before embarkation

• Like 1

I am a travel agent and have had issues with printing my own travel documents. As for payments, our agency never keeps payment.  We charge the credit card directly to the cruise line and get instant confirmation on your payment and booking.

Edited by eagletwo
  • Like 1

We've always booked MSC via TA in the US.

Tickets and paperwork via MSC website, not TA.  That being said, we had two trips last Fall.  First, tickets print no problem.  Second, under 20 days, no go.  Contacted TA who contacted MSC and TA sent copies.

The grayed out tickets under 20 days is common.  In OP's case, too far out to begin with.

• Like 1