Classic Bev Pkg and Specialty Dining

Wendylet

It's been a while since my last Celebrity cruise and I used to know the answer to this question but it escapes me now. We are on an Apex sailing in September and have just the basic beverage package perk. Can you use the package for drinks in the speicalty reatuarants? We have Le Petit Chef and Rooftop Grill booked but when I look at the menus there seems to be very little in terms of the $$ value for the basic package (lower priced items). Are we paying for alcohol then in those spots? Thanks to all for your help!

If you tell them you have the classic package they should be able to offer you choices. If you are generally happy with this package there should not be a difficulty.

If you want something better with your meal there are other alternatives….

You can choose glasses of wine from  the premium package and just pay the difference plus gratuity. 

Other alternatives include buying a bottle on the night (a good way to spend some OBC).

Take a bottle of your favourite wine on board with you, there is no longer a corkage charge.

12 minutes ago, chemmo said:

If you tell them you have the classic package they should be able to offer you choices. If you are generally happy with this package there should not be a difficulty.

If you want something better with your meal there are other alternatives….

You can choose glasses of wine from  the premium package and just pay the difference plus gratuity. 

Other alternatives include buying a bottle on the night (a good way to spend some OBC).

Take a bottle of your favourite wine on board with you, there is no longer a corkage charge.

So would wines be available there that are not appearing on their menu? For example if we wanted a Sauvignon Blanc that was part of our package and served in the MDR would we be able to access that in the specialty dining areas? Sounds as though you might be saying this?

42 minutes ago, Wendylet said:

So would wines be available there that are not appearing on their menu? For example if we wanted a Sauvignon Blanc that was part of our package and served in the MDR would we be able to access that in the specialty dining areas? Sounds as though you might be saying this?

yes, there are only a few of the available wines listed on the menu.  Tell your server that you have the CBP and the type of wine you like.  They’ll be able to match something within your package.  If you don’t mind going a few dollars over, you can let them know how much, and that will expand your options.

I hope you enjoy your Apex cruise as much as we enjoyed ours last fall.

55 minutes ago, Wendylet said:

They should be able to provide you with something similar, even if not that exact wine. 

13 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

yes, there are only a few of the available wines listed on the menu.  Tell your server that you have the CBP and the type of wine you like.  They’ll be able to match something within your package.  If you don’t mind going a few dollars over, you can let them know how much, and that will expand your options.

I hope you enjoy your Apex cruise as much as we enjoyed ours last fall.

Thank you for the info. I am sure we will enjoy it. So looking forward to it!