Ultimate Balcony Dining

wendellman

This morning I live chatted with two different people from Princess who assured me that UBD was currently being offered on Discovery Princess for both breakfast and dinner. I was surprised and pressed both that I thought UBD had been suspended owing to Covid protocol. Again both assured me that it was available for both breakfast and dinner. Anyone know the current situation regarding UBD especially regarding Discovery Princess?

14 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

We just got back from Discovery Alaska. We booked for UBDinner for special occasion. Bit chilly for the deck but they set up everything in our cabin. It was fabulous. Service was excellent. 

Were you in a full suite or balcony type room?  Did you call the dine line once OB?

TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Were you in a full suite or balcony type room?  Did you call the dine line once OB?

TIA

Deluxe balcony. They bring a table in the room. A suite would be ideal but it worked. Our TA booked and paid for it in advance. We received a call the day we embarked from PC asking about the time we wanted it and going over the menu. It was a fixed menu from what I gathered but you may be able to get other selections. Came with 5 courses. Steak being the highlight, which was a good size and delicious. It was a definite highlight experience for us. 

7 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

Deluxe balcony. They bring a table in the room. A suite would be ideal but it worked. Our TA booked and paid for it in advance. We received a call the day we embarked from PC asking about the time we wanted it and going over the menu. It was a fixed menu from what I gathered but you may be able to get other selections. Came with 5 courses. Steak being the highlight, which was a good size and delicious. It was a definite highlight experience for us. 

We really enjoyed it also.  So happy some ships have restarted it.  I wonder how the TA was able to book it ahead of time?

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

We really enjoyed it also.  So happy some ships have restarted it.  I wonder how the TA was able to book it ahead of time?

She said, leave it with me and I'll arrange it. Worked out great.